Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Disappointing but not surprising.  At this point it seems we can only beat bad teams.  It is possible that the game Sunday won’t matter for Milwaukee.  If that happens they might rest everyone so we get the win.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Forumreader said:

2024  season of colossal collapse

That #2-3 tease gets over our head. I’d say we are at what we are expected to be. Fighting for 456

Magic Fans we actually find ourselves in an enviable situation coming up on Sunday. All we have to do is win to clinch a playoff spot and avoid the dreaded play in scenario. We control our own destiny. And I like our chances at home. Especially with no G.A. and possibly no Dame. I think that the defense will be much better. We just have to make some shots. These last 3 games in particular have pointed out some glaring weaknesses. Most notably the lack of 3-point shooters and a true point guard to get the guys into their sets. This will space the floor more and open things up for Paolo and Franz. The turnovers should go down and we will be scoring more from deep. Just imagine though, we have a shot at 47 wins and making the playoffs outright, and it was all done without a true point guard and poor 3-point shooting. If we had that at our disposal, we would have won 57 or 58 games. Once we get to the dance anything can happen. Regardless of what happens though I am still very proud of the team and our loyal fans. And let's say that worst case scenario we drop to the play in and lose both games. The blessing in disguise there may be that it will light a spark under management to address some of the glaring needs here. And best-case scenario, we make the playoffs outright and possibly win in the first round. Either way you look at it the future is bright here in Orlando! Let's Go Magic! Breathe and Believe! 

Glad the fam and I went to the UCF spring game tonight. Checked the score looked at the stats seems like wash, rinse, and repeat. Happy to have missed it.