Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Last time we played the Wolves Franz and WCJ were both out, and Kelle was on a minute's restriction. Ingles was also out. Now we are completely healthy for tonight's rematch. This will be a good test to kind of gauge where we are at in terms of matching up with one of the best teams in the league. 

I hate to say it folks. But I am afraid that the Magic has no chance to win tonight. None. Plain and simple, this Wolves team has their number. The inability to knock down three-point shots is the reason for this loss tonight. They could play this team 10 times and they would lose all 10. If you have alternative viewing options that would be beneficial tonight. I have pretty much switched over to AMC and I am watching Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

I hate to say it folks. But I am afraid that the Magic has no chance to win tonight. None. Plain and simple, this Wolves team has their number. The inability to knock down three-point shots is the reason for this loss tonight. They could play this team 10 times and they would lose all 10. If you have alternative viewing options that would be beneficial tonight. I have pretty much switched over to AMC and I am watching Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

Too early to waive the white flag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

Too early to waive the white flag. 

If they were playing most other teams, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, they are playing the Timberwolves. Any deficit against them is like double that against any other team. So being down 12 is like being down 24 against them. Essentially it proves just how far we have to go to be one of the elite teams as well as the importance to make a deal to get some consistent shooters in here. Oh well. It only counts as one loss. Still two more games left on the trip. 

• Downvote 1

We gave up 38 in the first quarter.  If we don’t correct that immediately we don’t have a chance

Teams completely healthy but it’s the same old story wash, rinse, and repeat. How some people on here can’t see that we lack shooting in the worst way possible is pretty baffling to me. It will be disappointing if we don’t address our 3 point shooting by the trade deadline because it will be our achilles heel all season and will limit our chances of being successful in the post season if we even get there.

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

We gave up 38 in the first quarter.  If we don’t correct that immediately we don’t have a chance

You're not gonna win any games when you allow your opponent to shoot 73 percent. I thought this team was built for defense. Quite simply if they don't play any defense then they have zero chance to win. Especially against teams like the Wolves. This loss is already in the books. But as I said earlier, thank goodness it only counts as one loss. We have to play more consistent defense and we need some three-point shooters.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

If they were playing most other teams, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, they are playing the Timberwolves. Any deficit against them is like double that against any other team. So being down 12 is like being down 24 against them. Essentially it proves just how far we have to go to be one of the elite teams as well as the importance to make a deal to get some consistent shooters in here. Oh well. It only counts as one loss. Still two more games left on the trip. 

Fair point. But honestly i’m not giving up this early. It’s a game of runs and luck

1 minute ago, OnlyFranz said:

Teams completely healthy but it’s the same old story wash, rinse, and repeat. How some people on here can’t see that we lack shooting in the worst way possible is pretty baffling to me. It will be disappointing if we don’t address our 3 point shooting by the trade deadline because it will be our achilles heel and will limit our chances of being successful in the post season if we even get there.

No I definitely see your point and I agree completely. There is a desperate need for three-point shooters. Teams pack the paint against us and dare us to hit from outside. And it is astonishing how horrible we are from deep. That is why if the defense isn't there then we have no chance. None. That's why we lost tonight.

• Downvote 1

Has anyone here seen that old movie Groundhog Day? In the movie Bill Murray lives February 2nd over and over again and the same thing keeps happening. Until finally at the end he gets things right and is able to make it to February 3rd. Well folks, with the Magic it is basically like Groundhog Day. The same thing will keep happening over and over again until they finally make things right by acquiring some players who can shoot the basketball from downtown, as well as playing some consistent defense.

• Like 2