Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Just now, Babir_9 said:

Not competent enough to lead a team to the playoffs. He was good for the rebuilding stage….

Another 1 who has seen into the future already.

Mose is a EXCELLENT young coach.

We will get to the playoffs and we will make serious noise when we do!

mosley talking now    so proud of guys     i thought we said no moral victories this year?

im not gonna delete the post, but sorry    that was a grumpy and unproductive statement

just frustrated

Four free throws and possession

From that George Bush sounding ref was absolutely asinine...

NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN IT 

1 minute ago, harryfromphilly said:

mosley talking now    so proud of guys     i thought we said no moral victories this year?

He was proud that he had JI on the bench in the second half while Luka was carving up his defense like a Thanksgiving turkey. Such a shame. Would have been a great way to kick off this road trip with a big win.

he was proud of the way that they fought till the end, especially on a back to back.

not gonna get negative, will just simply say, for several reasons, that should not have been neccesary

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Four free throws and possession

From that George Bush sounding ref was absolutely asinine...

NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN IT 

Was that a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2? Even players and coaches seemed baffled by it.

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think it actually depends.  If we can only have 10 minutes/night of JI and it’s not enough to move the needle, then I’d rather go for increased minutes even if there is some risk.  A chance for an effective JI, even risking injury, is probably worth more than a Ji who is protected so much that he doesn’t really help your team win due to minute restrictions, even if he never gets injured.  

8 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Well and that’s why there have been 50 posts wanting an explanation for why JI didn’t play lol lol 

I addressed it earlier (see first post above) but obviously medical staff has laid down some rules.  Whether this is the right approach or not remains to be seen.  Probably cost us the game tonight but maybe not playing him big minutes in a back to back will result in more future wins this season.  Hard to know.  

3 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Was that a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2? Even players and coaches seemed baffled by it.

a flagrant 1 if i remember correctly 

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

I addressed it earlier (see first post above) but obviously medical staff has laid down some rules.  Whether this is the right approach or not remains to be seen.  Probably cost us the game tonight but maybe not playing him big minutes in a back to back will result in more future wins this season.  Hard to know.  

They played JI 8 minutes tonight for one half. Why not play him 10 minutes total with 5 minutes in the first half and 5 minutes in the second half? That's just 2 more minutes and you have him in the all-important second half.

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

a flagrant 1 if i remember correctly 

Just to clarify, I meant that Magic players and coaches seemed a little baffled by the amount of free throws on top of maintaining possession. Clearly it was a flagrant foul according to the rules.