Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

AB might be the smartest player on this team as a rookie. 

Totally agree. Plus his defense looks truly special.

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Totally agree. Plus his defense looks truly special.

He's had a couple of lapses but yea he's phenomenal, so long, great instincts, can guard smaller guys, disruptive. When the game slows down as he gets more experienced he's going to be a menace.

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

AB might be the smartest player on this team as a rookie. 

True. If Suggs and Cole had his poised and IQ, they would both be borderline All Stars.

The kid just has a natural feel for the game. I loved the pick when it was made, and love it even more now.

Now, we just need Jett to take Ingles spot in the rotation and will be set.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I just don’t think his skillset fits our starting 5. Paolo and Franz should be primary ballhandlers and distributors and we need a guy at the “1” who can stay on the floor and isn’t afraid to shoot a jump shot.

Franz and Paolo both have shaky handle at this point, especially Franz. I mean look at all the turnovers we have when they are the primary ball handlers. Also, Franz seems to force thing and play too much hero ball for me to play that role. He hardly looks for his teammates, unless it's his brother.

Remember when we drafted AB and I made a very specific point how I thought he was being miscast as an on ball creator and was actually an off ball player? And then got dragged because "he can't shoot how can he be good".

I present this game as exhibit A. 

And to be clear even if he missed both those 3s he gives you a large secondary ball handler, connective passing and smart cutting plus terrific defense and hustle.

EDIT: this post is kind of cringe tbh, nobody likes a victory lap after one game lol. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1