Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

47 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

hahahahaha bang on time 

This is f’ing ridiculous. We need playmakers!!! And Jett is just waiting for a chance. A freaking lottery pick. Because the-magic are just too loaded on the wing, hahahahaha. 

On 12/18/2023 at 9:55 AM, CTMagicUK said:

The way to beat us is super clear at the moment. Defensive wings to guard Paolo/Franz and clog up the paint by helping off of bad shooters when we're on offense and then space us out on defense with 4+ shooters and quick passing.

This is seemingly an evergreen statement. 

Right now I'm genuinely concerned that the Magic essentially benefited from continuity and surprise factor in those first 20ish games and now the tape is there for all to see we've been figured out. 

To be fair the entire team is slumping from 3 at the same time and when you're already a pretty bad shooting team that is kind of a big problem. 

And that Bucks game was kind of a scheduled loss given it was a B2B going away after being at home so I appreciate the fight.

Still, 4 game losing streak and the schedule doesn't really get much easier (except maybe the Wizards game on the 26th)

As bad as this 4 game losing streak has been im trying to keep perspective, the team that had the #1 overall pick directly before Paolo are in the middle of possibly the worst season ever.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:01 AM, orlandoholic said:

yes but we have no chance to get him.. 

I believe we have chances. Blazers have Sharpe and Henderson. They are younger than Simmons. We can offer them draft compensation they can’t refuse. 

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve missed the past few games. Thoughts about Wendell starting over Goga?

I don’t care for it. WCJ is the better player but Goga might be a better fit. 

• Upvote 1