Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

This is the 8th highest single season win total in franchise history. The only teams in the history of the Magic that won more games than this one featured either Shaq or Dwight. 

To add to my above. This season has been crazy. The Magic can (and probably would) be the 2 seed if they win out and I'm over here hand wringing about maybe it'd be better to be the 4 seed so that we don't have to play Miami or Philly. 

When the season started I legitimately thought a play-in birth, around .500, season would be a great next step and we've far surpassed that so much so that we as fans are disappointed when we drop games against non contenders. And I'm now thinking "do we want the 2 seed?", I can't even imagine telling myself at the start of the season "in April you'll be thinking there's a chance at the Magic getting the 2 seed".

Its easy to get caught up in the day to day, highs and lows but don't take this season for granted because although we all hope this is only the start of something incredible, you never know what can happen. 

• Like 1

Triple post but screw it. If my quick glance math is correct the Boston Celtics and the 1 seed in the East is the only playoff seed clinched with 4 games to go. In the West there are 10 teams with meaningful games left and in the East there are 9 (Bulls/Hawks playing for home court in 9/10 play-in game). Almost two thirds of the league playing meaningful games in April. What a win for the league. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Triple post but screw it. If my quick glance math is correct the Boston Celtics and the 1 seed in the East is the only playoff seed clinched with 4 games to go. In the West there are 10 teams with meaningful games left and in the East there are 9 (Bulls/Hawks playing for home court in 9/10 play-in game). Almost two thirds of the league playing meaningful games in April. What a win for the league. 

The Bucks clinched a playoff stop too, with our win, but your point still stands. The league must love this. 

Question for the board. 

What would be your ideal first round matchup? 

Personally my order would be:

Pacers 

Knicks 

Cavs 

Bucks 

76ers 

Heat 

7 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

The Bucks clinched a playoff stop too, with our win, but your point still stands. The league must love this. 

I didn't mean playoff spot but actually locked into a seed. 

5 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Question for the board. 

What would be your ideal first round matchup? 

Personally my order would be:

Pacers 

Knicks 

Cavs 

Bucks 

76ers 

Heat 

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather play the Heat than the 76ers if Embiid is healthy honestly but otherwise I agree with your list.

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather play the Heat than the 76ers if Embiid is healthy honestly but otherwise I agree with your list.

I went Heat, because they would have so many fans in our arena which is annoying as crap. 

But your also right. I really wouldn’t want to play Embiid. 

With Rockets officially eliminated, I really hope they rest a bunch of their starters. 

Or are unmotivated to play. 

We really really need that win. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

With Rockets officially eliminated, I really hope they rest a bunch of their starters. 

Or are unmotivated to play. 

We really really need that win. 

It’s tricky with the Rockets because they’re pretty much locked in the standings no matter what happens. No benefit in tanking, no harm in winning.

I agree with you, I hope we get a young team that has quit on the year and their heart is already in Cancun.