Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

45 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

There are a few guys I’d rather have especially since Hield wants to get paid.  I wouldn’t be against it though as he is a great shooter. He just doesn’t do much else.  A PG that can shoot and play make would be ideal.

From the rumours on NBA twitter: - D. Murray - D. Mitchell (CLE) - B. Hield - P. Siakam - L. Markkanen - H. Barnes - K. Huerter - M. Moddy - J. Kuminga - D. Mitchell (SAC) - J. Collins - Z. Lavine - A. Carusso - M. Brogdon

3 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

There are a few guys I’d rather have especially since Hield wants to get paid.  I wouldn’t be against it though as he is a great shooter. He just doesn’t do much else.  A PG that can shoot and play make would be ideal.

id rather continue to develop Caleb and give Jett a opportunity. Jetts shot is absolutely PURE. Preferably we continue to develop organically. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

id rather continue to develop Caleb and give Jett a opportunity. Jetts shot is absolutely PURE. Preferably we continue to develop organically. 

I agree with this from that position. We definitely need a PG though. We need to replace Fultz because he never plays. 

5 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree with this from that position. We definitely need a PG though. We need to replace Fultz because he never plays. 

Fultz situation is really strange... 

Dunno what else to say..  just found this regarding some PGs being mentioned recently here...

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I want Malik Monk in free agency that much i do know.

Getting Brogdon this year and signing Monk this summer would help dramatically. It all about fit with Paolo and Franz. Also I’d rather pay Monk than Buddy Hield. 

Brogdon, Cole, AB

Suggs, Monk

F. Wagner, Howard 

Banchero, Isaak

Goga, M. Wagner 

As our core with some good role players. That looks nice to me. Finally some shooting to open things up. 

2 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Getting Brogdon this year and signing Monk this summer would help dramatically. It all about fit with Paolo and Franz. Also I’d rather pay Monk than Buddy Hield. 

Brogdon, Cole, AB

Suggs, Monk

F. Wagner, Howard 

Banchero, Isaak

Goga, M. Wagner 

As our core with some good role players. That looks nice to me. Finally some shooting to open things up. 

Where did WCJ go? You didn’t account for him unless you’re implying he’s getting traded. 

4 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

Where did WCJ go? You didn’t account for him unless you’re implying he’s getting traded. 

I think he gets traded. He is a valuable piece because he is good. If we want a good rotation piece this year I think he’s the guy. I like him and think he was our third best player last year. The team has changed enough where shooting and playmaking our the needs. If we could keep him somehow I wouldn’t mind. I just don’t see it. 

If i want anybody on this team PG wise who they say is available at the moment its Murray from the Hawks..

He can shoot and for me is very good defensive player. Fits with P5 and Franz and Suggs...very good fits if u ask me..

seamless 

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If i want anybody on this team PG wise who they say is available at the moment its Murray from the Hawks..

He can shoot and for me is very good defensive player. Fits with P5 and Franz and Suggs...very good fits if u ask me..

seamless 

He’s my big fish player also as I see Mitchell ending up on a New York team. I don’t think the Paolo - Murray thing will be an issue to be clear. The reason I am on the Brogdon train lately is he won’t cost nearly as much. I think he can have a Mike Conley on The Timberwolves impact. His strengths are definitely our weaknesses. The Portland fans love him as a leader  btw. 

1 minute ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He’s my big fish player also as I see Mitchell ending up on a New York team. I don’t think the Paolo - Murray thing will be an issue to be clear. The reason I am on the Brogdon train lately is he won’t cost nearly as much. I think he can have a Mike Conley on The Timberwolves impact. His strengths are definitely our weaknesses. The Portland fans love him as a leader  btw. 

i hear you. but he has a extensive injury history. Knowing our luck he will come and get injured instantly 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

i hear you. but he has a extensive injury history. Knowing our luck he will come and get injured instantly 

We have a lot of injured expiring contract players right now. Throw the Denver pick at them and second with matching salaries. He’s been healthy for 2 years at least and won six man of the year last year on a contender.  The injury is the fear of course but the cost is worth the risk. Hell give them another second we never use them anyway! Haha