Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

Why coach does not set up a play for AB or Jett to go for the win is beyond me. Perfect situation for either of them 

Tough, tough loss …Holie mackeral AB with 14 rebounds from your PG …alas, another poor shooting night from him also at 3-10 …not positive but don’t think he’s made a 3 in summer league yet .

Black looks like a bad version of MCW. Seriously, I have zero faith in this guy being much of anything. Jett gives me a little bit that this draft is not a complete bust. I hope we keep all our guards because I don’t think Ab is better or will be better than any of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Jett should've gotten the ball more in the 2nd half. He was on fire in the 1st half, only for Weatherspoon to dim his light in the 2nd half. The guy is the worst. He's been acting like he's Kobe the whole summer.

Black needs to work on his handle and his shot. The rebounds and his floater game was on point, though.

• Upvote 1

AB and Jett with the main squad are going to alot better. The players they are playing with are barely G league talent

1 minute ago, Shine88 said:

Jett should've gotten the ball more in the 2nd half. He was on fire in the 1st half, only for Weatherspoon to dim his light in the 2nd half. The guy is the worst. He's been acting like he's Kobe the whole summer.

Black needs to work on his handle and his shot. The rebounds and his floater game was on point, though.

Getting rebounds in the summer league is like fishing in stocked lake. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Getting rebounds in the summer league is like fishing in stocked lake. 

That's a foolish thing to say, when both Baker and Wilson have been getting outrebounded the whole summer. They both fumble a bunch of rebounds tonight, which allow NY a bunch of second chance opportunities.

1 minute ago, Shine88 said:

That's a foolish thing to say, when both Baker and Wilson have been getting outrebounded the whole summer. They both fumble a bunch of rebounds tonight, which allow NY a bunch of second chance opportunities.

That’s because they both suck

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That’s because they both suck

Well, then looks like it isn't "like fishing in stocked lake". We win both the Pistons and Knicks game if we did a better job on the boards. We made plenty of stop in those two games, but the 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities killed us.