CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

things are about to get spicy.. Maybe we can get involved in the trade..

also if Portland demands Herro, can we get Simons from Portland?

or we get Herro and we give them a Top 3 protected first? maybe add the Denver pick?

Time for Weltman to be aggressive 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also RIP Portland paying Jerami Grant all that money to be the number 1 option on a rebuilding team lol

They have Scoot/Sharpe. Grant will not be number 1.

Also RIP Portland paying Jerami Grant all that money to be the number 1 option on a rebuilding team lol

Can they trade him, make it a sign and trade now?!

if not, it’s damn terrible for them

2 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Can they trade him, make it a sign and trade now?!

if not, it’s damn terrible for them

I have no idea. I'm wondering if Grant will want to back out of it but nobody else is giving him that money so I really don't know. 

That's even worse. 

That’s rebuilding and it’s not a bad spot to be.

It could be a lot worse. They have quite a talent with Sharpe and a high ceiling high floor draft pick who’s labeled as a generational talent in Scoot. They also still have Simons. 

1 minute ago, Jon said:

That’s rebuilding and it’s not a bad spot to be.

It could be a lot worse. They have quite a talent with Sharpe and a high ceiling high floor draft pick who’s labeled as a generational talent in Scoot. They also still have Simons. 

To be clear, what's worse is they're paying Jerami Grant all that money to be the third option not the first option. 

Wow.. how bad is Portland management?! You have to assume the Grant contract was for Dame. How do you mess that up?!

Dame will be in Miami by Independence Day I bet. They’ve let Strus and Vincent walk, just gave away Oladipo. The writing is on the wall. It’s a shame I’m gonna have to hate Lillard now lol 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

To be clear, what's worse is they're paying Jerami Grant all that money to be the third option not the first option. 

Yeah but money is being thrown around like crazy right now. Their rebuild is ahead of schedule as they already got Scoot, who also happens to be Dames replacement so tanking really isn’t necessary. Plus what they get for Dame. There’s a real possibility that they rebound quickly from this and become competitive faster than some teams who’ve lost their star player.