Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Miller actually fits in better with both teams with how they are currently constructed, but I think Scoot at the end of the day will be a better player. 

I don't see LaMelo and Scott fitting well together at all, on or off court. 

Blazers already have Jeremy Grant …pretty similar players imo …also signs point to him resigning from what I read 

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Miller actually fits in better with both teams with how they are currently constructed, but I think Scoot at the end of the day will be a better player. 

I don't see LaMelo and Scott fitting well together at all, on or off court. If you want personality examples, I think it goes about as well as Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant. 

Yeah it’s not a good fit. Both are floor generals. You have to move one.

Just now, ball junkie said:

Blazers already have Jeremy Grant …pretty similar players imo 

Do you think Jeremy Grant will be better than Scoot? If so, you trade the pick. If not, you take him and trade Jeremy. Pretty simple. 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Do you think Jeremy Grant will be better than Scoot? If so, you trade the pick. If not, you take him and trade Jeremy. Pretty simple. 

I think Scoot goes to Charlotte cause at this time he just has more value imo …better prospect also the issues I brought up …I do agree that Miller fits better with the Hornets …but I think they disregard that 

Which means Portland gets Miller who is a similar player to what they already have on their roster in Jeremy Grant …Portland definitely prefers Scoot especially if they lose Dame which is getting closer to reality …tonight should shed some light on Portland’s direction …hope I explained it better 

Scoot and Lamelo can quite easily coexist on the court because Lamelo is an awesome off ball shooter. 

There is virtually no overlap with Brandon Miller and Jerami Grant. Jerami Grant has played over 80% of his career minutes at the 4, Miller is a 3. 

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Scoot and Lamelo can quite easily coexist on the court because Lamelo is an awesome off ball shooter. 

There is virtually no overlap with Brandon Miller and Jerami Grant. Jerami Grant has played over 80% of his career minutes at the 4, Miller is a 3. 

I don’t care what position they play they are similar players …the main point is based off constant reading of Portland boards they prefer Scoot 

Edit : they want a Scoot and Sharpe backcourt 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah but Lamelo thrives as a ball dominate playmaker. So does Scoot. You’d be stiffening ones talent doing this. 

I don’t care what position they play they are similar players …the main point is based off constant reading of Portland boards they prefer Scoot 

Of course they prefer Scoot but they don't get to make that choice. 

They're not similar players though. Only on an incredibly superficial level are they similar. 

Portland gave over 2k minutes to Cam Reddish, Justice Winslow and Nassir Little on the wing last season... No team that did that should be passing on a wing for fit reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yeah but Lamelo thrives as a ball dominate playmaker. So does Scoot. You’d be stiffening ones talent doing this. 

You could say the same about LeBron and Wade. Brown and Tatum. Kawhi and PG.

You're over thinking it. No player in the history of the game shoulders the offensive load on every possession of the game. There's more than enough possessions for them to both take turns on ball, they can also stagger their minutes so they have 1 on the court at all times. Having multiple guys who can create for themselves and others is a good thing not a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Of course they prefer Scoot but they don't get to make that choice. 

They're not similar players though. Only on an incredibly superficial level are they similar. 

Portland gave over 2k minutes to Cam Reddish, Justice Winslow and Nassir Little on the wing last season... No team that did that should be passing on a wing for fit reasons. 

Lol thanks Captain Obvious …bro chill …nobody said they were gonna pass on Miller lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol thanks Captain Obvious …bro chill …nobody said they were gonna pass on Miller lol 

Genuinely don't know why I bother with you.

• Like 1