Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Not in the center position. Kerr is clueless without curry and Thompson. Most over rated  coach of all time. 

i don’t understand as well.. also Portis is a bad center.. 

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Markelle liked the tweet, too.

it’s crazy how Kerr underestimates international teams…

Team USA Basketball Roster

• G Jrue Holiday
  • G Keldon Johnson
  • G Devin Booker
  • G Zach LaVine
  • G Damian Lillard
  • F Khris Middleton
  • F Kevin Durant
  • F Jerami Grant
  • Draymond Green
  • Jayson Tatum
  • C Bam Adebayo
  • C JaVale McGee 

that was his roster at the olympics. USA lost to France once and also almost lost in the finals. Despite Durant, Lilliard, Tatum and Booker. They had Bam and Green at center.

Oh yeah. They absolutely struggled against Gobert. I thought they learned their lessons. But unfortunately not. 

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

How did Franz Wagner do today?

overall had a rough game, but it’s kinda like Turkuglo. Franz kinda turns up in the 4th quarter. And he did in this game as well. But he has to start being that star player imo and be dominant all game. For germany, he rarely creates, he doesn’t rebound. On offense he isn’t dominant. He doesn’t use mismatches too much, he doesn’t ball handle too much and he doesn’t look to score too much. He could be so much better

Canada had a terrible first half. They looked really uncomfortable playing FIBA. Especially SGA was lost. He forced things and they didn’t make team plays. Another thing noticeable. D. Brooks was booed from the start of the game. German crowd didn’t appreciate him at all. And Brooks was provoking the whole game. Crowd and also players. I just don’t understand why somebody likes to live that way. 

• Like 1

So I'm looking at this USA team and I'm thinking... surely this isn't our Olympus Team for 2024... but can they add guys down the road? 

Some names that aren't on the team:

• Kevin Durant
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Damian Lillard 
  • Devon Booker
  • Jimmy Butler
  • Jamaal Murray
  • Steph Curry
  • Deandre Fox
  • Evan Mobley
  • Bam Adebayo

and the list goes on. I mean, we have Josh Hart, Bobby Portis, Cam Johnson, and Austin Reaves on this team. That's not to say they're bad but how do we have them on the Team USA roster and not on the Select Roster?? I mean.. we have 2 ONE TIME ALL STARS (Halliburton and Edwards) on our team AND THAT'S IT! 

Someone please tell me we're just playing these guys for the qualifier and that the reinforcements will come next summer... 

6 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

overall had a rough game, but it’s kinda like Turkuglo. Franz kinda turns up in the 4th quarter. And he did in this game as well. But he has to start being that star player imo and be dominant all game. For germany, he rarely creates, he doesn’t rebound. On offense he isn’t dominant. He doesn’t use mismatches too much, he doesn’t ball handle too much and he doesn’t look to score too much. He could be so much better

Canada had a terrible first half. They looked really uncomfortable playing FIBA. Especially SGA was lost. He forced things and they didn’t make team plays. Another thing noticeable. D. Brooks was booed from the start of the game. German crowd didn’t appreciate him at all. And Brooks was provoking the whole game. Crowd and also players. I just don’t understand why somebody likes to live that way. 

It's amazing that we say "Franz wasn't dominant" and yet he's the highest scorer of the game. Perhaps he just needs to impose his will more? Or maybe he only takes over when he feels like he has to? No one likes playing with a ball hog and it feels like Franz genuinely wants to play team ball and only looks to score in the rhythm of the game as he sees it. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

It's amazing that we say "Franz wasn't dominant" and yet he's the highest scorer of the game. Perhaps he just needs to impose his will more? Or maybe he only takes over when he feels like he has to? No one likes playing with a ball hog and it feels like Franz genuinely wants to play team ball and only looks to score in the rhythm of the game as he sees it. 

he was teams best scorer because he got hot in the fourth quarter. Going into the forth quarter he had 10 points. He scored 4 points in the first two minutes of the game. 

Overall germany plays team oriented basketball. They only have Schröder as a playmaker. They want Franz to do more, but he just isn’t there yet. Again, international ball is different. He loves the NBA spacing. It suits his game better. 

….

Daniel Theis posted 17 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists, while Dennis Schroder contributed with 16 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 27 EFF.

Andreas Obst was another German NT player in double-digits, scoring 15.

Franz can just improve more on assists and also rebounding. That’s no hate on Franz. But we’ve discussed max players couple of weeks ago. He’d have to make that next step in order to be a deserving max player imo