Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

i mentioned this too!! 

I like Valanciunas a lot. 

Before i do that i’d go Simons plus Nurkic if there is a possibility

I'm not interested in Simons honestly given what he'd likely cost.

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not interested in Simons honestly given what he'd likely cost.

I see this as a salary dump. That’s why we take on Simons and Nurkic.. Gives Portland room to make their winning moves.. We can make them a good offer too. 

If you think about it. You don’t really want players back for Simons. They have their Guards set. And they aren’t getting the type of winning player back in a Simons deal around the league. 

Id imagine they try to add D. Green in FA, and go for another player.. 

i don’t see any other way they can improve to satisfy Lilliard

16 minutes ago, Jon said:

Markell has this hidden leadership skill that I’m not seeing so that’s why we keep him? Can’t you make an argument for any of the guards and their “leadership”? 

Hasn’t Cole always been the hype man who plays with a chip on his shoulder?  Isn’t Suggs a clutch player who brings no s such defensive intensity that it motivates others, also vocal a leader?

What is this hidden powerful leadership trait that Markelle isn’t showing but some of y’all swear by?

Leading by example on both ends of the floor and wins and losses.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I see this as a salary dump. That’s why we take on Simons and Nurkic.. Gives Portland room to make their winning moves.. We can make them a good offer too. 

If you think about it. You don’t really want players back for Simons. They have their Guards set. And they aren’t getting the type of winning player back in a Simons deal around the league. 

Id imagine they try to add D. Green in FA, and go for another player.. 

i don’t see any other way they can improve to satisfy Lilliard

I don't think Portland view Simons as a salary dump at all from everything out there. 

Nor would I particularly want to be on the hook for Nurkic's 17+mil a year given he hasn't played in 60+ games since 2018-19.

25 minutes ago, Jon said:

Markell has this hidden leadership skill that I’m not seeing so that’s why we keep him? Can’t you make an argument for any of the guards and their “leadership”? 

Hasn’t Cole always been the hype man who plays with a chip on his shoulder?  Isn’t Suggs a clutch player who brings no s such defensive intensity that it motivates others, also vocal a leader?

What is this hidden powerful leadership trait that Markelle isn’t showing but some of y’all swear by?

Magic first 25 games without Fultz 5-20, remainder of the season with him 29-28. Done.

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Leading by example on both ends of the floor and wins and losses.

Guess who had a better offensive and defensive rating than Fultz?

8 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Magic first 25 games without Fultz 5-20, remainder of the season with him 29-28. Done.

Lol one game above 500 and it’s done. Ok. I’m sold lol

Couldn’t that because of continuity, Paolo, Franz? Does that all really point toward Fultz despite statistically  not being the leader and not being vocal?

We were a 0.22 team without Markelle and a 0.48 team with him. To be clear that's the difference between an 18 win team and a 39 win team. Basically the difference between being the worst team in the league and competing for the play-in.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We were a 0.22 team without Markelle and a 0.48 team with him. To be clear that's the difference between an 18 win team and a 39 win team. Basically the difference between being the worst team in the league and competing for the play-in.

Not good enough to handcuff ourselves to the notion he’s untouchable.

1 minute ago, Jon said:

Not good enough to handcuff ourselves to the notion he’s untouchable.

I don’t think many of us consider Fultz untouchable. Are you a Sixers fan? Did Markelle hurt you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think many of us consider Fultz untouchable. Are you a Sixers fan? Did Markelle hurt you?

Yeah I’m a sixers fan 

Been a long time contributor to this board. A Orlando native who’s been watching the Magic since 89 and ready to get away from treadmill status.