Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

These days, you "Goggle Search" The Orlando Magic and get these headlines:

1) NBA Draft Rumors: Magic Trading Up Into Top 5

2) NBA Draft rumors: Magic trying to trade up, Dereck Lively rising, Pacers like Klintman

3) NBA trade rumors: Can Magic package lottery picks to acquire a third big piece?

4) NBA Draft Rumors: Magic open to trading 6th and 11th picks to move into top 5

These are just a few of them.....

I think we are guaranteed a lot of drama up until draft night and free agency too.....I take it !!!

9 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

ok i agree with that.. I’m also not considering him with the 6th pick.. 

I only consider Ausar, Cam, Jarace with the 6th pick.. Not even including Hendricks there. 

See I don’t personally like Cam and Jarace for us.

Honestly, I hope we either move up or move out.

I don’t like our position in this draft as it stands. If Ausar falls I might be ok but Cam, Hendricks, Walker, Black, all seem like bad fits to me.

1 minute ago, Albert Lergier said:

These days, you "Goggle Search" The Orlando Magic and get these headlines:

1) NBA Draft Rumors: Magic Trading Up Into Top 5

2) NBA Draft rumors: Magic trying to trade up, Dereck Lively rising, Pacers like Klintman

3) NBA trade rumors: Can Magic package lottery picks to acquire a third big piece?

4) NBA Draft Rumors: Magic open to trading 6th and 11th picks to move into top 5

These are just a few of them.....

I think we are guaranteed a lot of drama up until draft night and free agency too.....I take it !!!

Which tells me they have a guy they are specifically targeting if true which is what I want too.

If so, you have to get your guy. Don’t let what we currently have, outside of Paolo, and maybe Franz, stop you from getting him.

I'm honestly a little surprised that several people are more interested in Jordan Hawkins than Gradey Dick with pick 11 as a shooter option. I feel like they were comparable this past season; however, Dick was a freshman and Hawkins a sophomore. If you look at Hawkins numbers as a freshman, they really didn't look too great. Equally, I'm always weary of overvaluing someone's performance in the tournament. Usually when draft stock gets elevated due to a few games of March Madness play, it doesn't really pan out as NBA success.

12 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

I'm honestly a little surprised that several people are more interested in Jordan Hawkins than Gradey Dick with pick 11 as a shooter option. I feel like they were comparable this past season; however, Dick was a freshman and Hawkins a sophomore. If you look at Hawkins numbers as a freshman, they really didn't look too great. Equally, I'm always weary of overvaluing someone's performance in the tournament. Usually when draft stock gets elevated due to a few games of March Madness play, it doesn't really pan out as NBA success.

Think they see Hawkins as a better 3 level scorer. I’d still probably choose Grady over Hawkins though. I think there’s room for Grady to being a better 3 level offensive player than he’s perceived to be.

[Soul Bro raises hand] Is anyone else worried about Black not being able to see the basket for shooting purposes because his hair is in his eyes? I'm serious. I remember this was a real thing with EP, too. 

PS - This is an issue/battle right now with one of my sons :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jon said:

See I don’t personally like Cam and Jarace for us.

Honestly, I hope we either move up or move out.

I don’t like our position in this draft as it stands. If Ausar falls I might be ok but Cam, Hendricks, Walker, Black, all seem like bad fits to me.

why bad fit though? I can make a case for any of those players on our roster.. 

Cam is a great fit imo and could be a great player in the starting lineup. The dude is exceptionally good playing off ball. He has really great timing with off ball cuts and is a great lob threat. Give him a lane and he gets into the lane like a wrecking ball.. 

His weaknesses is on ball production which he wouldn’t rely on with the Magic as Fultz, Paolo and Franz would be doing the majority of the ball handling. 

Cam is with Ausar the best fit for our starting lineup. 

Hendricks, Walker and Black would all have valuable roles off the bench. 

Imo Walker and Black would have the highest value off the bench for us. 
Hendricks is a nice safe guard for Isaac but honestly kind of tough to fit in with his „limited“ skill set as of now. He is really bad with ball handling and is a 3 and D player. Nice Player but actually doesn’t move the needle too much. I prefer other options (for us) even if he fell to 11.. That said he ain’t going past the Wizards or the Mavs if he where to fall imo

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

[Soul Bro raises hand] Is anyone else worried about Black not being able to see the basket for shooting purposes because his hair is in his eyes? I'm serious. I remember this was a real thing with EP, too. 

He wears a headband and/or clips his fringe up to keep his hair out of his eyes. 

35 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I am worried too because imo that’s a sign of some kind of immaturity, if you are not willing to cut that hair, which is an obvious concern at the professional level.. 

If i was A. Black i would have cut that hair before the draft process, just to show the willingness to do anything.. 

That said, from what i have seen on the internet and during college, A. Black is very professional and also looks to eat healthy and professional. 
I dunno what it is with his hair that he doesn’t just cut it shorter

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

He wears a headband and/or clips his fringe up to keep his hair out of his eyes. 

he actually did that during some time during the season, which suggests the hair was somewhat bothering him. 

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

he actually did that during some time during the season, which suggests the hair was somewhat bothering him. 

Or that it grew and/or he changed the shape of it. Early on in the season he tended to not have much fringe at all his hair kind of went up and out sideways.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Or that it grew and/or he changed the shape of it. Early on in the season he tended to not have much fringe at all his hair kind of went up and out sideways.

Either way, it’s unnecessary to even bother at a professional level