Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm only kind of not being 100% serious. 

Gradey is 6'8, he's pretty athletic. He's an unreal shooter. 

I'm honestly feeling like we should just draft Jett Howard AND Gradey Dick and give this roster some major shooting potential around Franz/Paolo.

Gradey is listed at 6'7 SF and Jett at 6'8 SG....so both wings....can both play either position? How are their handle?

5 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Gradey is listed at 6'7 SF and Jett at 6'8 SG....so both wings....can both play either position? How are their handle?

From what I’ve seen, Jett struggles to dribble left. 

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

They're wings. Can probably play both in the right system. They're both probably more 3s but Franz has been playing a lot of the 2 and neither of them would probably be starters day 1 anyway. 

Handles aren't anything special. Neither of them are creators really. Jett has more potential as a creator and is possibly a better defender (neither are great defenders) but Gradey is a better shooter (and the best pure catch and shoot guy in the draft).

Edit: to be honest this post kind of sucks I don't know what I was thinking for half of it but I'll leave it up. Here's some corrections/extra comments:

Jett probably more of a 2, Gradey probably more of a 3.

Jett has actually flashed quite a bit as a creator his scoring is pretty versatile he's taken some pull-ups and he's finishing well at the rim and getting to the FT line. His handle isn't bad, it's not like PG good or anything but he looks comfortable pulling off hesi's and crossovers and stuff. Soul Bro is right he mostly goes to his right and his natural speed + threat of the 3 ball is doing a lot of the work. Against better NBA defenders I don't know if he has the shake to beat guys 1 on 1 from a stand still but attacking closeouts and our of actions I think he'll be fine. 

I said Gradey is a better shooter and the numbers suggest that but I don't want that to detract from the fact that Jett is a great shooter. 

I said neither are great defenders and I stand by that but I do think both can be good enough defenders to not outweigh their positives on offense. 

I have Jett top 10, Gradey lotto. (I don't actually have rankings this is just all in my head)

• Upvote 1

Man, Keyonte George is such a bucket. I'm a little concerned by his passing though. He had 30 last night but some of those shots were tough with two guys on him instead of just giving the ball up.

Not entirely sure why but I think Jordan Clarkson when I see him play. 

Still, we've got a lot of passing I'd be ok drafting someone like him who (at least as a rookie) can come off the bench, hit open shots playing off ball and create in certain bench lineups when called upon.