Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Posted about him in a recent game thread, I still think he's going to be good probably. It's just whether he can stay healthy, and whether we have the patience to ride out some of the rough stuff to get to the smooth. 

He's comfortably the best guard defender on the team and he's already more efficient this year than last whilst creating more of his own offense this year than last, showing real offensive improvement.

He obviously needs to shoot better that's the swing skill (and his health to be fair) and he's going to need to adjust to playing off ball more but that shouldn't be a major problem he wasn't the #1 option in college. He's only a second year guy. I'd be much more worried if he was in year 4. 

Thumbs up to all your comments. 

Regarding staying healthy....he basically returned from an ankle injury that sidelined him for eighteen games and in these 2 last games that he's back "playing" (not much) he almost crash and burns. Does this has anything to do with his basketball IQ /is this mental matter?

Got to get him right and see what he is capable to do in the 2nd half. He has played in 16 of the first 40...forty two (42) are left to play.

Starter or role player?

On 1/7/2023 at 4:10 PM, Soul Bro said:

That’s interesting about the scouts. I like it. Now I’m watching Jett. I like him but don’t love him. Similar to Miller… both fit our prototype but aren’t perfect prospects.

At this point I only want them if they’re perfect :)

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Thumbs up to all your comments. 

Regarding staying healthy....he basically returned from an ankle injury that sidelined him for eighteen games and in these 2 last games that he's back "playing" (not much) he almost crash and burns. Does this has anything to do with his basketball IQ /is this mental matter?

Got to get him right and see what he is capable to do in the 2nd half. He has played in 16 of the first 40...forty two (42) are left to play.

Starter or role player?

I think he's still got starter potential long term.

The way he throws himself around the court is kind of an important aspect of his play. It's the drive to make winning plays, to save the ball from going out of bounds or to get on the floor when there's a scramble or to challenge a big at the rim. That's all what makes Jalen, Jalen and was part of why he was such a hyped prospect. Whether that's feasible long term is very much to be seen but he's not the first player to play that way, he might have just had some bad luck or need to adjust the way he manages his body between games. Only time will tell really. 

But I was never a believer that Suggs would be like a big time All NBA type lead guard like some so my expectations were different than a lot of peoples and as such I'm not nearly as disappointed as a lot of people are with him.

• Like 1

I'm going to need Cam to get his 3 point percentage up but his form looks good and he's hitting off the dribble and is a good FT shooter so I'm hopeful.

If we believe in Franz at the 2 having Cam at the 3 between him and Paolo could be mega fun. 

I'm only kind of not being 100% serious. 

Gradey is 6'8, he's pretty athletic. He's an unreal shooter. 

I'm honestly feeling like we should just draft Jett Howard AND Gradey Dick and give this roster some major shooting potential around Franz/Paolo.

• Upvote 1

I really don't know what to make of Keyonte. I read something the other day that an NBA scout had told somebody (whoever was writing the article) that their teams models had him as the #1 player in the country and sometimes I believe that and other times I'm not so sure.

Takes and makes a lot of 3s. Tough attempts too, step backs and those kinds of things. Really bursty. Has some foul grifting going on too. 

But he's also shooting 38% from the field, 34% from 3 (not really worried about that given the difficulty of some of his attempts) and turning it over about as often as he assists. He's 6'4 so possibly has the size to play the 2 which is good because he's a bit of a combo guard. 

He's in my top 10 I think but I can't decide if I should have him higher or lower or what. 

On 1/9/2023 at 1:17 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I think he's still got starter potential long term.

The way he throws himself around the court is kind of an important aspect of his play. It's the drive to make winning plays, to save the ball from going out of bounds or to get on the floor when there's a scramble or to challenge a big at the rim. That's all what makes Jalen, Jalen and was part of why he was such a hyped prospect. Whether that's feasible long term is very much to be seen but he's not the first player to play that way, he might have just had some bad luck or need to adjust the way he manages his body between games. Only time will tell really. 

But I was never a believer that Suggs would be like a big time All NBA type lead guard like some so my expectations were different than a lot of peoples and as such I'm not nearly as disappointed as a lot of people are with him.

I like how this time the coaching staff is bringing Suggs back...off the bench and limiting his minutes somewhat.

What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

I like how this time the coaching staff is bringing Suggs back...off the bench and limiting his minutes somewhat.

What do you think?

Personally think the limited minutes is injury management stuff. 

He's got to come off the bench because the starters are set but I imagine he'll be getting 20+ mins in the coming weeks.