Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Just for giggles - what do you think of this trade:

Orlando gets: Nick Richards & pick #2

Charlotte gets: Cole Anthony, pick #6, 2024 1st round top-4 protected, 2025 1st round (Denver's pick)

15 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We were a much better team with Markelle.  We don’t need a lead guard pg.  Paolo and Franz are our distributors.  We don’t need more cooks in the kitchen, we need high level role players. Scoot is a good prospect I just don’t think with where we’re at in our build that he fits.  We need 3&D with length.  He doesn’t provide that kind of versatility for us nor would it come quickly.  His trade worth is of greater value to our team than his playing worth, in my opinion.

We were but there are stats showing Fultz isn’t the best PG for Paolo. You also have to consider his history of health.

Wasserman at Bleacher Report is in the process of updating his mock (it's not updated yet even though he tweeted out that it has, or at least not for me) but I think it's going to have

6. Amen Thompson

11. Taylor Hendricks

Which, honestly, is awesome. I'd be truly surprised if Hendricks made it past Dallas at 10 though

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wasserman at Bleacher Report is in the process of updating his mock (it's not updated yet even though he tweeted out that it has, or at least not for me) but I think it's going to have

6. Amen Thompson

11. Taylor Hendricks

Which, honestly, is awesome. I'd be truly surprised if Hendricks made it past Dallas at 10 though

I could live with that draft

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I could live with that draft

Soul …you’ve been saying all along like a lot of others the twins scared the crap out of you …and they still do with me 

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Soul …you’ve been saying all along like a lot of others the twins scared the crap out of you …and they still do with me 

They still do, but I’d understand the pick. If Hendricks were to slide, I think he’d be a great value pick. 

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

They still do, but I’d understand the pick. If Hendricks were to slide, I think he’d be a great value pick. 

Ok understand …but even before Givony commented about for us at 6 I was thinking that …he just verbalized it …I’m still holding out hope Weltham can maximize two lottery picks and find something that we are positive will work instead of having to say, ok well let’s see imo

edit …positive meaning something that fits our personnel 

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I honestly think this works for both teams.

NO is looking to move on from Zion, where the relationship has begun to get strained as he can't stay healthy (and seemingly isn't willing to mature and try) and Charlotte's new ownership is looking to make a splash and don't really care about drama (point in case, making Lamelo Ball the face of their franchise).

This is a good trade for both teams as Scoot Henderson I think makes for a greater core with CJ McCollum and Brandon Ingram and is clearly the #2 in the draft over Brandon Miller - and Scoot and Lamelo's style's wouldn't gel at all. 

I'm giving this a 65% likelihood to get done. It makes that much sense. 

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Just for giggles - what do you think of this trade:

Orlando gets: Nick Richards & pick #2

Charlotte gets: Cole Anthony, pick #6, 2024 1st round top-4 protected, 2025 1st round (Denver's pick)

The problem is we haven't worked Scoot out (but I guess that didn't stop us from drafting Paolo), but if the hype is real, I do this all day. Guy has a Jordan/Kobe/Westbrook killer mentality with elite athleticism. 

With that said, I think it takes more than that to get Charlotte to trade the #2 pick.