Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Magic @ Hawks - 21 Oct 2022

Wendell had a rough night shooting but on another night he makes 2 of those 7. 

For me though the lack of good shooting is more a function of the offense. Do we honestly think Ross couldn't be a 36-40% shooter if he played with a Trae Young or Luka Doncic drawing all that attention and getting people wide open? 

Franz is struggling to create so far against more defensive attention. I expect he'll really benefit from getting some easy ones playing off ball with Fultz running point and doing more creating against bench units vs having a guy like Dejounte Murray guarding him.

Franz also kind of just needs to shoot it more. He, to his credit kind of, is always looking make the right play or put it on the floor and get into the defense but he should honestly just let it fly from 3 more often.

Paolo is scoring the ball well but he's a rookie that teams aren't really over helping on so although he's putting pressure on the defense, those teams are just staying home and contesting the layups or jumpers. He'll have to get to the point where he can score any time he wants in order for teams to rotate over and open up guys on the perimeter for easy jumpers. 

This is ultimately where we miss Markelle the most. In the 12 years post Dwight he's the only guy I've seen consistently generate easy open points for his team mates at a high rate. We're desperate for some of that.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Stinger24 said:

It’s just almost unwatchable getting run out of the gym night after night, year after year. Because we have no shooters. 

I'm ready to see if Houstan can be that 3 point shooter we need. I get that he may not quite be ready though.

The Bol Bol and Bamba pairing can’t happen. I’d like to see at least Franz or Paulo out there at all times. And WCJ has to either figure out that 3 ball or take a couple of steps in.

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Franz struggles with smaller guys guarding him and climbing up into his handle. That's going to be a problem if we want him to be a secondary ball handler. I'm sure he'll improve, not a problem right now but something to keep an eye on.

I also noticed that Paolo’s handle is a little loose. He gets his pocket picked a lot but it’s going to be very fun to see these two huge forwards develop together.

I’m just glad we’re past the days of Vuc, Fournier, Gordon, Payton. I hated pretty much everything about that era

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I also noticed that Paolo’s handle is a little loose. He gets his pocket picked a lot but it’s going to be very fun to see these two huge forwards develop together.

I’m just glad we’re past the days of Vuc, Fournier, Gordon, Payton. I hated pretty much everything about that era

Paolo was the best player on the floor last night, Hawks or Magic players...and he is only 19 !!!!!!

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wendell had a rough night shooting but on another night he makes 2 of those 7. 

For me though the lack of good shooting is more a function of the offense. Do we honestly think Ross couldn't be a 36-40% shooter if he played with a Trae Young or Luka Doncic drawing all that attention and getting people wide open? 

Franz is struggling to create so far against more defensive attention. I expect he'll really benefit from getting some easy ones playing off ball with Fultz running point and doing more creating against bench units vs having a guy like Dejounte Murray guarding him.

Franz also kind of just needs to shoot it more. He, to his credit kind of, is always looking make the right play or put it on the floor and get into the defense but he should honestly just let it fly from 3 more often.

Paolo is scoring the ball well but he's a rookie that teams aren't really over helping on so although he's putting pressure on the defense, those teams are just staying home and contesting the layups or jumpers. He'll have to get to the point where he can score any time he wants in order for teams to rotate over and open up guys on the perimeter for easy jumpers. 

This is ultimately where we miss Markelle the most. In the 12 years post Dwight he's the only guy I've seen consistently generate easy open points for his team mates at a high rate. We're desperate for some of that.

Markelle, Franz and Paolo should win hundreds of games for the Magic....Wendell, Cole, JI, etc, etc, etc will contribute with their share !!!!!

14 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Guys go through dry spells. Have to take the good with the bad. We looked good in a close loss Wednesday. We fell apart in the 4th and lost a key player whom was shutting down Trae Young to that point. 

Let’s not scream the sky is falling. We’re 0-2 and need to figure out how to play together when we need a basketball (Paolo/Wagner taking control).

we had a bad shooting night. It will get better. Good night all and see you at the next game. 

What the team has to do is get a great win tonight, AT HOME, versus those Celtics.  I'll be there cheering !!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Odds for Banchero scoring 20 points are super high. Might have to reignite my degeneracy

Odds that he does or he doesn’t?

6 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

What the team has to do is get a great win tonight, AT HOME, versus those Celtics.  I'll be there cheering !!!!

Unfortunately I don’t think we win this game. Hope we’re competitive 

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Went Banchero at +214

and Devin Vassell at +295

before Vegas catches up to who’s good.

Does that mean you get 214 back for a bet of 100 if he scores at least 20?