Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Could be a real nice opportunity to throw minutes to a guy at his position that hasn’t played in 3 years, that apparently “looks great” and is a “full go” in practice.

Do we know why Bol Bol is placed in the leagues health and saftey?

Just now, Natesroom said:

Do we know why Bol Bol is placed in the leagues health and saftey?

Since I haven’t seen anything about him having suffered a head injury/concussion, I would guess he tested positive for Covid.

5 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Since I haven’t seen anything about him having suffered a head injury/concussion, I would guess he tested positive for Covid.

lol.. is that still athing?

6 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

In the NBA it is, apparently.  Which may not be so funny if the rest of the team catches it.  I could see us with a new round of multiple players being unable to play right after the suspensions are done.  And it would last more than one game.  Remember how last year we basically played our G-league team for about five games?

Sad part is that risk of current variant to NBA age athletes, especially with current high levels of immunity in the population, is next to nothing.  

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

Very much so, but people are so burnt out on Covid news that we may end up having another wave. I hope we don’t, and I think it has now crossed from pandemic into endemic, with less deadly versions coming in yearly cycles.

14 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Very much so, but people are so burnt out on Covid news that we may end up having another wave. I hope we don’t, and I think it has now crossed from pandemic into endemic, with less deadly versions coming in yearly cycles.

I just meant that now that its proven the Vac doesn't protect you from getting it, then its still the same thing as the flu or any other thing that doesn't put someone on the League Health and Safety protocols, so i was actually commenting that they still as the NBA are doing this not that covid is still a thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I just meant that now that its proven the Vac doesn't protect you from getting it, then its still the same thing as the flu or any other thing that doesn't put someone on the League Health and Safety protocols, so i was actually commenting that they still as the NBA are doing this not that covid is still a thing.

1) The vaccine doesn’t prevent everyone from getting sick, but it is far from “proven”; ,in point of fact, there is evidence that they have dramatically reduced the number of cases.

2) The vaccines also significantly reduces the virulence of the disease in people who are infected, leading to fewer people on ventilators, milder infections, and fewer deaths.

3) The worst flu year in the past 40 years killed about 80 thousand people. Covid killed about 800 thousand in the first year, just in the US. That’s what is known as a FALSE equivalency. Not anywhere near the same.

4) The Covid health and safety protocols are for the protection of both the player, and those around him. It hopefully prevents him from passing it to others, and also protects him from being exposed to secondary infections while Covid is weakening his immune system. I’m actually very glad that the NBA is still taking it seriously.

5) We don’t know why Bol is in Health and Safety, it could be something other than Covid. I only said I haven’t heard anything to indicate it was for concussion protocol, but we don’t know.

I lost a number of friends to Covid, both before and after vaccines were available. One of them died after vaccines were available, at least in part because some dumb ass doctor in Tennessee told him that since he was under 40, and had no underlying health conditions, he didn’t need to get the vaccine. He left behind an infant son, less than six months old. Both his wife and infant son got lucky, as they only got mild cases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Or was always the same thing as the flu. New name same as the old one.  

Anyway back to the Magic. Is JI playing tomorrow? 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Anyway back to the Magic. Is JI playing tomorrow? 

I agree with back to the Magic. I don’t think we will see JI in a game for a few more weeks, if ever.