Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Pacers - Mar. 2, 2022 @ 7:00 PM

5 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Too soon, it was one game and only a little more.

I agree with multiple posters here about Cole (remember: he was already an All-Star in november) the lack of ideas and bad decisions of coaching staff, and a lot more. Those minutes to RJ (and I mean ALL the minutes we're giving him, not only yesterday, are quite a mistery for me. I really don't see anything in him, hope I'm wrong)

I also agree that is time to split the Cole/Suggs pairing. When Fultz will be out of minutes restriction, I'll gladly seen him paired with Cole (becoming more a shooter and less a ball-handler) and Suggs with the more experienced Harris.

Yeah I really didn’t see us blowing that 18 point lead. Sheesh

6 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Disagree. You pull Cole not Suggs. No reason to punish Suggs for Cole playing hero ball. 

I was about to post the same thing.  Especially when the Cole hero ball kills the rest of the team.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Too soon, it was one game and only a little more.

I agree with multiple posters here about Cole (remember: he was already an All-Star in november) the lack of ideas and bad decisions of coaching staff, and a lot more. Those minutes to RJ (and I mean ALL the minutes we're giving him, not only yesterday, are quite a mistery for me. I really don't see anything in him, hope I'm wrong)

I also agree that is time to split the Cole/Suggs pairing. When Fultz will be out of minutes restriction, I'll gladly seen him paired with Cole (becoming more a shooter and less a ball-handler) and Suggs with the more experienced Harris.

I was really disappointed that they sent Gravett back when RJ returned.  RJs numbers individually might be a little better, but overall he makes the team worse while Gravett initiated ball movement in a disciplined way and made them better.  I too don’t understand why we’re giving him all these minutes.  

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I was really disappointed that they sent Gravett back when RJ returned.  RJs numbers individually might be a little better, but overall he makes the team worse while Gravett initiated ball movement in a disciplined way and made them better.  I too don’t understand why we’re giving him all these minutes.  

With Fultz back, minutes could and should be redistribuited.

And I don't care if Suggs or Cole... just try something different, explore any possible options... we need to do everything that is possible to improve, at every level.

Playing in overtime with the same starting lineup, as we haven't any other option based on performance or matchup, was just bleh!

15 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

With Fultz back, minutes could and should be redistribuited.

And I don't care if Suggs or Cole... just try something different, explore any possible options... we need to do everything that is possible to improve, at every level.

Playing in overtime with the same starting lineup, as we haven't any other option based on performance or matchup, was just bleh!

In fairness, the plus minus of the starters was great until the very end, whereas that of the bench was terrible.   The problem is that when things got tight towards the end of the game and the intensity went up, we reacted very poorly.  Cole took over possession of the ball and wasn’t making the first pass until at least 12 seconds had elapsed on the 24 second clock, if he passed it at all.  Whoever got it then did their own version of hero ball.  When the going got tough, team play stopped completely.   This is extremely disappointing at this point in the year.  

• Upvote 1