CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Yea bookies been getting hammered by Paolo bets all night it seems. Either we're picking him or we're trading down probably with Houston. I'd actually prefer to not get #17 and get some future picks in the deal.

Na if they want Paulo then they can cough up 17 with a future first included. Also there’s a chance OKC want Paulo as well ? Strap in. I’m confident now but we’re trading back and getting another asset. 

8 minutes ago, harley said:

Na if they want Paulo then they can cough up 17 with a future first included. Also there’s a chance OKC want Paulo as well ? Strap in. I’m confident now but we’re trading back and getting another asset. 

I think the precedent has been set by the Celtics/Philly trade that the going rate is 3 and another first so I'd expect #3 and #17 OR a future pick. 

I hope we can squeeze out more than that but the more I think about it I don't think we need more assets in this draft when we already have #32 and #35 and potentially Ross we can use to get back into the first.

The Rockets have a bunch of future Nets picks I'd like to get a hold of, by 2024 or 2026 they might be without KD and Kyrie (even if they're not a 35+ year old KD isn't leading a deep playoff team). 

• Upvote 1

Also I'll feel a whole lot better about picking Jabari at 3 + assets than picking him at 1.

Looking less like it'll be Chet which makes me sad but after tonight Chet is dead to me except the 2 times a year he plays against the Magic anyway if we don't pick him.

Woj says Sharpe would be ranked 3rd in next years vaunted NBA draft class behind Victor and Scoot Henderson …if this is true why can’t we take him with our top pick this year?

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Woj says Sharpe would be ranked 3rd in next years vaunted NBA draft class behind Victor and Scoot Henderson …if this is true why can’t we take him with our top pick this year?

Woj and Shams aren't draft guys they're hype men and news breakers who get all their info from agents. Regardless of whether this is true (I don't think it is personally) Wojs motive for saying it isn't anything to do with how good he believes Shaedon Sharpe to be. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Woj and Shams aren't draft guys they're hype men and news breakers who get all their info from agents. Regardless of whether this is true (I don't think it is personally) Wojs motive for saying it isn't anything to do with how good he believes Shaedon Sharpe to be. 

Spin doctor at work lol …and just to be clear that is your opinion and nothing more …which carries just as much weight as anybody else here on TBN

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Spin doctor at work lol …and just to be clear that is your opinion and nothing more …which carries just as much weight as anybody else here on TBN

What's my opinion? That Woj and Shams arent draft guys they're news breakers who get all their information from agents? I'm pretty sure that's generally accepted as fact. 

Nice to know you still haven't gotten over my joke though :) 

• Upvote 1

Oh my goodness they are just gloating over his shooting prowess …Magic worst in the league at shooting 3’s …I mean, I sure as hell hope Weltham are doing their homework …cause if this kid blows up ….

So playing Sherlock Holmes, we trade down for 3 and 17, Houston takes Banchero and Bamba.

We then move up 17 and the second rounders for Sharpe and whoever falls from Chet/Jabari.

Everyone’s happy

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So playing Sherlock Holmes, we trade down for 3 and 17, Houston takes Banchero and Bamba.

We then move up 17 and the second rounders for Sharpe and whoever falls from Chet/Jabari.

Everyone’s happy

We can't trade Bamba. 

43 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Oh my goodness they are just gloating over his shooting prowess …Magic worst in the league at shooting 3’s …I mean, I sure as hell hope Weltham are doing their homework …cause if this kid blows up ….

Ball junkie, I’m convinced you’re going to jump off a ledge or leave our team for the team who drafts Sharpe if we don’t take him in 12 hours.