Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Portland - Friday, Dec. 20th at 10:00 P.M.

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Fultz isn’t quite ready to rely on. Neither is JI. Agree he needs a bigger role but Cliff, fans, all have been saying for years that we need an elite offensive player. That would change a lot. 

If it weren’t for his injury and the fear of him regressing  Fultz would be more than capable of being that elite rim attacker who can get to the basket/foul line at will. I believe the coaching staffs caution with him re aggravating his injury is the only reason we aren’t seeing him be more aggressive during games. We only see it in spurts which is fine I just think he’s that elite offensive weapon when it’s all said and done. It also irks me we wait until we are in the second half down double digits to finally run offense through JI. By then it’s already too late. Why not get him going early instead of waisting all that effort in games that don’t end up being close anyways? 

I see Fultz as our future, but he still has a ways to go especially on defense. I love his progression thus far. I was hoping for a solid combo guard like Brogdon who can play off the ball or distribute in a pinch. 

19 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

If it weren’t for his injury and the fear of him regressing  Fultz would be more than capable of being that elite rim attacker who can get to the basket/foul line at will. I believe the coaching staffs caution with him re aggravating his injury is the only reason we aren’t seeing him be more aggressive during games. We only see it in spurts which is fine I just think he’s that elite offensive weapon when it’s all said and done. It also irks me we wait until we are in the second half down double digits to finally run offense through JI. By then it’s already too late. Why not get him going early instead of waisting all that effort in games that don’t end up being close anyways? 

I paid close attention last night. TBH I haven’t caught most of the games this season. Fultz strength is attacking the rim. Big plus for a PG. However, he has a lot more learning to do. Both him and JI. I don’t know if either are first options. 

Right now, if we want to remain competitive, we need to acquire a efficient first option who can shoot. Don’t know who’d that be but we are going to be this until that happens. 

41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I paid close attention last night. TBH I haven’t caught most of the games this season. Fultz strength is attacking the rim. Big plus for a PG. However, he has a lot more learning to do. Both him and JI. I don’t know if either are first options. 

Right now, if we want to remain competitive, we need to acquire a efficient first option who can shoot. Don’t know who’d that be but we are going to be this until that happens. 

I agree he has plenty to learn still but I feel like we don’t use our players the right way half the time. If we would just play to our strengths instead of trying to be a team we are not we would play a better brand of basketball and actually resemble an NBA team and not a squad at the Y.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I agree he has plenty to learn still but I feel like we don’t use our players the right way half the time. If we would just play to our strengths instead of trying to be a team we are not we would play a better brand of basketball and actually resemble an NBA team and not a squad at the Y.

Eh. I don’t think so. We are what are record says we are. A bunch of hopes and 2nd, mainly 3rd option players. We lack a star, still, and we keep trying to force guys who aren’t that to be that. We need to stop pretending and go get that guy or else the treadmill will keep rolling.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh. I don’t think so. We are what are record says we are. A bunch of hopes and 2nd, mainly 3rd option players. We lack a star, still, and we keep trying to force guys who aren’t that to be that. We need to stop pretending and go get that guy or else the treadmill will keep rolling.

I agree with you we need a go to scorer but we still have good players on this team not being used in the right way. Also Clifford let’s certain guys shoot the team out of games and it’s insane he doesn’t hold them accountable. 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I agree with you we need a go to scorer but we still have good players on this team not being used in the right way. Also Clifford let’s certain guys shoot the team out of games and it’s insane he doesn’t hold them accountable. 

You know why? Because that’s the best option he has. You know who our best offensive player is? Vuch. Problem is he plays a style that’s not winning basketball. Slow, not real athletic, long twos...Only guys who can hit at least the broad side of the barn aren’t first option caliber. They’re bench and 3rd options at best. You can give the ball to Fultz all day but until he’s capable of more than just attacking the rim, it’s still going to be ugly.

53 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You know why? Because that’s the best option he has. You know who our best offensive player is? Vuch. Problem is he plays a style that’s not winning basketball. Slow, not real athletic, long twos...Only guys who can hit at least the broad side of the barn aren’t first option caliber. They’re bench and 3rd options at best. You can give the ball to Fultz all day but until he’s capable of more than just attacking the rim, it’s still going to be ugly.

He does more than attack the rim. He has a nice mid range game and vision and passing. If he had the right players to pass too and an offensive scheme from this century. 

Also vuch is our number one option and that is the problem. It shouldn’t be, in that our offense is ran through him, evan and dj most the time, when that is not winning basketball and hasn’t been for the last 3 years. Unless you want to be a five hundred team at best. 

The only way the magic turn the corner is to let the young guys drive the offense, otherwise we are just spinning our wheels. We may lose more at first, doubt it, but in the long run your young players learn how to play with the ball. At least this way they are learning who can get it done and who can’t. 

We know who can’t right now. It’s blatantly obvious to everyone except coaches and management apparently. 

7 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

If we let the young guys become first options, we will lose games.

That’s funny because isn’t that what we are already doing? I’d much rather lose games and see growth than watch the same vet players lose the games for us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more here. Fultz has out of this world court vision we just have guys who can’t catch or finish inside. Also his mid range game is coming around nicely. I’d much rather watch that repeatedly all game than what we are currently forced to watch. 

• Upvote 1