Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Jazz - Tuesday, Dec. 17th at 9:00 P.M.

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's kind of tough to accomplish. The better players we add the more they encroach on fultz and Isaac's role in the offense. 

I still think the best move we could possibly (realistically) make is a trade for JJ because he can fit in but his fitting in is proficient. but New Orleans has no reason to make a trade today vs waiting until February. 

Time to get it done man. A lot of teams find a way. No longer sit with this “we’re not qualified for that conversation” or whatever Weltman said when George was available (I got it then). 

I have no problems with getting JJ but more needs to be done.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Time to get it done man. A lot of teams find a way. No longer sit with this “we’re not qualified for that conversation” or whatever Weltman said when George was available (I got it then). 

Agreed. I always hear talk of how it can’t happen then other teams somehow make it happen. We can’t stand on the sidelines anymore. 

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

Fournier is trying to get paid. Vuc just flat out sucks and handicaps the team. Trade them both. 

I agree, but You need to change your name haha Gordon sucks worse than both of them

There was a stretch in the 3rd quarter where Vooch threw up like 4 absolute bricks in a row and it just killed us 

15 minutes ago, harley said:

And before that stretch ? He’s a team killer with his style of play, I just hate how he jacks up Hail Marys all the time. His defence is also not good. No vendetta I just don’t rate him at all. He’s a poor mans JJ. 

Since he came back from injury he's played in 18 games and averaged 15ppg on 39% three point shooting. 

He jacks up shots but his role is to jack up shots in that bench lineup. 

23 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

More doesn't need to be done. You don't blow everything on win now trades when your best two long term pieces aren't ready or consistent enough to be that guy. 

We'd be better for the short term, worse for the long term, and would waste fultz and Isaac's prime. If Jason Tatum demands a trade I'm all for throwing everything at Boston to get him but I'm not sure what move you expect us to make. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

More doesn't need to be done. You don't blow everything on win now trades when your best two long term pieces aren't ready or consistent enough to be that guy. 

We'd be better for the short term, worse for the long term, and would waste fultz and Isaac's prime. If Jason Tatum demands a trade I'm all for throwing everything at Boston to get him but I'm not sure what move you expect us to make. 

We‘ll never agree on this you and I. A lot of top picks and even some that were overlooked are playing big roles and teams are putting role players to elevate their young players while our role players, because that’s what they are, are getting in their way trying to get that big pay day.

Every year we have this same discussion. Year after year. 

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We‘ll never agree on this you and I. A lot of top picks and even some that were overlooked are playing big roles and teams are putting role players to elevate their young players while our role players, because that’s what they are, are getting in their way trying to get that big pay day.

Every year we have this same discussion. Year after year. 

And you're always wrong because you just keep discussing some anonymous trade that doesn't exist that we're supposed to make. 

I agree that Fournier and Vucevic and Gordon take shots from fultz and Isaac. But you can either invest in fultz and Isaac now and lose 50 games while they develop and are force fed shots or you can have them play a role and win games while they learn incrementally. You can't have both. 

And there hasn't been a superstar trade out there that would have made sense for us to pursue. Every single one would have ended horribly for us. 

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

And you're always wrong because you just keep discussing some anonymous trade that doesn't exist that we're supposed to make. 

I agree that Fournier and Vucevic and Gordon take shots from fultz and Isaac. But you can either invest in fultz and Isaac now and lose 50 games while they develop and are force fed shots or you can have them play a role and win games while they learn incrementally. You can't have both. 

And there hasn't been a superstar trade out there that would have made sense for us to pursue. Every single one would have ended horribly for us. 

Nah. It’s just not my job to build a team. If it was I’d have the time to sit down and do so. 

I never said a superstar and I never said force anything. I’m saying in order for a player to become great, they got to have a team that elevates them. We don’t have that. We could but guys don’t want to be that consistently. You got guys thinking they’re Hakeem, Tmac, and Iverson.

Case in point, are we better with or without Fultz in the SL? What about JI? At some point you got to give them the opportunity to work on that goal in the off season and treat them as your future in season and bring in players who know this and are ok with this instead of putting them on the side somewhere like they’re the role players all the while paying near all star money to wannabes and not whattheybes.

Keep kicking the can down road every year. The treadmill goes on and on.

I get it though. There’s nothing right now probably available. There might be soon. Might not be. Almost every year there is. I just hope management agrees. I do not have their notes or ideas in front of me. 

We resigned Vuch which I wasn’t a big fan of. Trading him is going to be tough. Now Fournier.

We say we got to get better but we keep guys who keep us from doing so.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. It’s just not my job to build a team. If it was I’d have the time to sit down and do so. 

I never said a superstar and I never said force anything. I’m saying in order for a player to become great, they got to have a team that elevates them. We don’t have that. We could but guys don’t want to be that consistently. You got guys thinking they’re Hakeem, Tmac, and Iverson.

Case in point, are we better with or without Fultz in the SL? What about JI? At some point you got to give them the opportunity to work on that goal in the off season and treat them as your future and bring in players who know this and are ok with this instead of putting them on the side somewhere while you pay all star money to wannabes and not whattheybes.

Keep kicking the can down road every year and type treadmill goes on and on.

If you give them bigger roles you are impacted by their inconsistencies more. Fultz is playing the first meaningful basketball of his career and Isaac is trying to figure out how to play on offense. Sometimes it goes well. Sometimes it goes poorly. When Gordon and Vucevic were both out he had all the shots he wanted and was still incredibly tentative for large stretches despite having the green light to do whatever he wanted.