Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I think Chuma, Isaac we're good calls so far... Still out on Bamba, but not as down on him as last year. Hezonja... uggh... but to be fair we were screwed in that draft. Plus theres only like 1 Star after him but at least 5-7 Good Strong Roleplayers, who have all dropped buckets on us.

What i hate is the Management doing the same thing for the last 5 years Trading down our pick, Selling for cash considerations, Saying theres nothing to really draft after our first pick... etc.

6 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I think Chuma, Isaac we're good calls so far... Still out on Bamba, but not as down on him as last year. Hezonja... uggh... but to be fair we were screwed in that draft. Plus theres only like 1 Star after him but at least 5-7 Good Strong Roleplayers, who have all dropped buckets on us.

What i hate is the Management doing the same thing for the last 5 years Trading down our pick, Selling for cash considerations, Saying theres nothing to really draft after our first pick... etc.

We've never sold our pick. We've always flipped our pick for a future pick. 

20 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We've never sold our pick. We've always flipped our pick for a future pick. 

in 2016  Also traded the draft rights to Jake Layman (47th pick) to Portland for a 2019 second round pick and cash then in 2019 Horton-Tucker was selected as the 46th overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic. He was traded on draft night to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for a 2020 second round draft pick and cash considerations.

Basically the Management decided their assessment of talent is spot on that we dont need to use the pick so they swap it with someones 2nd round pick in the following years and cash 

52 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

in 2016  Also traded the draft rights to Jake Layman (47th pick) to Portland for a 2019 second round pick and cash then in 2019 Horton-Tucker was selected as the 46th overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic. He was traded on draft night to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for a 2020 second round draft pick and cash considerations.

Cool. You made my point. We rolled over those pics for future picks. That's never a bad thing. It's only bad when you just sell them and don't retain an asset. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Cool. You made my point. We rolled over those pics for future picks. That's never a bad thing. It's only bad when you just sell them and don't retain an asset. 

Yeah cause u can kick that can down the road for eternity and it makes you so much better. 

Hope for the future is always more important than the reality of the present. 

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

If memory serves the only player that fell in the 2015 draft was Justise Winslow and the Celtics tried to trade up for him with Charlotte but they turned down the big offer (I bet they regret that one in hindsight!). I don't remember us being linked with Devin Booker or Myles Turner. Most mocks had us drafting Hezonja, WCS, Winslow or Mudiay. Should we in hindsight have drafted one of them instead of Hezonja? Maybe, but none of them have become franchise changing talents.

In 2018 pretty much every mock had us selecting Bamba or the occasional one had us picking Collin Sexton or had Trae Young falling to us. Should we have drafted someone else? Carter Jr is average, Sexton is flawed, Knox is average and Mikal Bridges game hasn't translated as hoped. Ok Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is showing star potential with OKC (after being traded by the Clippers) but I don't think he was realistically in consideration. 

So in those two drafts, much like the others, we didn't get lucky and had to do our best in a difficult situation. We bet on upside and those players with tremendous upside come with the risk that they may never reach that upside. Most generally don't. Fingers crossed Isaac and Bamba can keep getting better and become big parts of this team's future but it's debatable whether they will ever reach their upside and become stars. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah cause u can kick that can down the road for eternity and it makes you so much better. 

Hope for the future is always more important than the reality of the present. 

No. There's only so many spots you have for development and it makes sense to keep an asset vs using it on a player you don't really like. The first round pick we flipped turned into a pick we flipped for fultz and the nets second rounder in this upcoming draft. 

Rolling assets is smart. 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. There's only so many spots you have for development and it makes sense to keep an asset vs using it on a player you don't really like. The first round pick we flipped turned into a pick we flipped for fultz and the nets second rounder in this upcoming draft. 

Rolling assets is smart. 

The only move I have ever you seen you criticizing our management doing is the vooch resigning. So your statement means? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The only move I have ever you seen you criticizing our management doing is the vooch resigning. So your statement means? 

There's not really that much to criticise. They've only been in charge for 2.5 years so far. Most of their moves have been sound from a strategic standpoint. I do wish they'd fill end of bench spots more like they did last year with Martin and Grant because one of those moves is going to pay off eventually and is really low cost. 

Isaac was a great pick. Bamba is about where he should be from a development perspective, flashing elite shot blocking numbers and shooting but it remains to be seen if those moments can turn into a well rounded player. Okeke hasn't played yet. Iwundu is a pretty solid pick relative to what you expect from a pick in the 30s. 

Fultz trade was awesome. 

It might be a mistake to resign Vucevic but it's only a mistake if we end up stuck with him. If we get positive value in a Vucevic trade it's worth resigning him. 

I was pretty critical of their 2 way contract guys but it's pretty difficult to get that upset about two way guys. 

BJ Johnson looks promising though. Vic Law is starting to get some hype. 

So I don't know. There's not a ton to criticise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1