Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Thoughts?

This guy again...It’s not a “weird” draft. It sucks.

Forget the pick. Get some NBA talent on this team. 

With all this over analyzing and crap. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Thoughts?

I would love to use our pick to get either jrue or bridges but I’m probably dreaming

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Thoughts?

I don't think a 15-17 pick in this weak ass draft is our best asset, and the chances of us landing a star there is probably considerably less than 5%, but that's just my opinion

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

He had a car accident and his career is looking like it's over. Such a shame. Parsons was a good player at his peak

Yeah, it's too bad. I really liked watching him at Florida. 

26 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Thoughts?

He's right long term. Nobody we trade for is going to make us better than a first round exit this year. If we want to trade the pick because we don't want another young player with Fultz/JI/Bamba/Okeke than we can do it this summer. 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

This guy again...It’s not a “weird” draft. It sucks.

Forget the pick. Get some NBA talent on this team. 

With all this over analyzing and crap. 

Be ready for magic fans to start talking about Saddiq Bey like he's the next Paul George when he's probably Huerter. 

There's a ton of interesting guys where we're going to pick. Guys that we'll like and could develop into really useful players. One will definitely turn into a star because one always does. But there's not one guy that I'm really hyped about. There's a ton of deanthony Melton types, Terrence Ferguson types, iwundu types, Bryn Forbes types. 

If we can get a definite top 7 in the rotation player in a trade this week with our pick I'd do it no question. 

16 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Yeah, it's too bad. I really liked watching him at Florida. 

Nice guy too. Met him on quite a few occasions in high school and while we were at UF. Never gave off a big shot vibe.

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Be ready for magic fans to start talking about Saddiq Bey like he's the next Paul George when he's probably Huerter. 

There's a ton of interesting guys where we're going to pick. Guys that we'll like and could develop into really useful players. One will definitely turn into a star because one always does. But there's not one guy that I'm really hyped about. There's a ton of deanthony Melton types, Terrence Ferguson types, iwundu types, Bryn Forbes types. 

If we can get a definite top 7 in the rotation player in a trade this week with our pick I'd do it no question. 

Yup. It would be a lot better for Fultz/JI’s development than to get another Iwundu.

do you think Gordon and our first would net us bridges and oubre? Trying to figure out how to get Bridges in a trade that’s not **** like bridges and Tyler johnson for ag. I’ve read where phx fans love them some ag and maybe they would be able to do both their first and ours in a move for d lo? Idk my head hurts lol

24 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I don't think a 15-17 pick in this weak ass draft is our best asset, and the chances of us landing a star there is probably considerably less than 5%, but that's just my opinion

I don't really know how to measure the probability of that. Somebody picked between 12 and 25 is going to turn into a star because that always happens. But "your guy" turning into a star isn't likely at all. And what if the guy picked 14th is the guy that hits, and we didn't even have a chance to draft that guy. 

I always go back to Donovan Mitchell. Donovan Mitchell was a competitive undersized athletic combo guard slasher defensive Ace that had nothing that made him stand out among the other recent similar guys. Louisville puts out one of those guys every two years for a decade and they almost never even get drafted. He was projected as a late first early second guy and Utah falls in love with him. Suddenly he's a star. Utah had no idea he'd be a star. They weren't drafting him to be a star. There's no reason he should be a star. But he's a star. 

So there's always weird star players out there but so much of guys picked in the teens developing into stars is just luck. Teams can't reliably define those guys. 

So we're just getting in line to purchase a lottery scratch off and our odds of winning a grand prize are defined but what if the guy in front of you already bought the winning ticket?

17 minutes ago, Okethree said:

do you think Gordon and our first would net us bridges and oubre? Trying to figure out how to get Bridges in a trade that’s not **** like bridges and Tyler johnson for ag. I’ve read where phx fans love them some ag and maybe they would be able to do both their first and ours in a move for d lo? Idk my head hurts lol

So I think the whole "Bridges potentially being available" situation is based on Phoenix already having Booker and Oubre (and to a lesser degree Cam Johnson and ty jerome). So there's no way they'd do Booker and Oubre. A Gordon for Bridges deal has to include Tyler Johnson and it also has to correspond with us getting a power forward back for the rest of this year.