Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s nothing wrong with not trading Fournier today as long as we don’t sign him to a dumb new contract in the summer.

So we should lose him for nothing? Addition by subtraction?

I think the problem is we are close to being a good team and close to being a bad team, which is why we're frustrated with the lack of movement at the deadline. 

However, I also believe there isn't really a move we could make that would push us into the "good team" category without losing a key piece and having us fall back to a bad team. I think the best move that we can make is to offload Fournier/DJ for some offensive weapons. I still believe building around AG/Issac/Fultz is the way to go.

Just now, Gordon MVP said:

So we should lose him for nothing? Addition by subtraction?

I’m not opposed to it. I really think they’re playing chicken with him opting out. All the teams that were projected to have more than like $17 mill in cap space are blowing through it

6 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Agreed but you don't fix a mistake with another mistake. You don't trade a 1st rd pick and Fournier for a slightly worse player!

There is some merit to it though. It's legitimately debatable. We can't argue fit improvements on offense because Oubre is a shooter like Gordon is a shooter but he is a defensive improvement and would put the ball in fultz's hands. 

And a first in this draft isn't great. 

But we're still overpaying in a vacuum to avoid resigning Fournier. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Wonder if GS really wants to keep Wiggins

Apparently they think like we think and believe he's fixable by getting him out of Minnesota

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m not opposed to it. I really think they’re playing chicken with him opting out. All the teams that were projected to have more than like $17 mill in cap space are blowing through it

But if he opts out we lose him for nothing and if he opts in were stuck with watching Fournier/Vuc pick and rolls with Markelle camped out in the corner for another season. Its a lose/lose scenario for us in this regard

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Apparently they think like we think and believe he's fixable by getting him out of Minnesota

He could be a beast next to the Splash Bros.

Anyway, Jordan Bell's stint in Houston was really short. Very surprising. I think they might get another Center

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

But if he opts out we lose him for nothing and if he opts in were stuck with watching Fournier/Vuc pick and rolls with Markelle camped out in the corner for another season. Its a lose/lose scenario for us in this regard

If he opts in we just trade him as an expiring next year or over summer, or at least have the option to. I think he and Vucevic are both very much on the market, we just are limited to what we can get for them now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If he opts in we just trade him as an expiring next year or over summer, or at least have the option to. I think he and Vucevic are both very much on the market, we just are limited to what we can get for them now. 

I've heard this for the past six years

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Why do you think the market gets better?