Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

5 hours ago, DjMase31 said:

Things just got tough? We have been trotting out Gordon, Vooch and Fournier for 5 years expecting them to be REALLY good all of a sudden. Enough. We should have traded Vooch at the deadline LAST year but NOOOO we had to have an ALL STAR that we could blast around our social media and pretend like it meant something. This should have been a tank from the start season. We will be the 8th seed again this year... we will get swept or win one game... then we will get the 19th pick and draft some stiff.  

Please tell me all the good players we have drafted outside of the 5 spot?????  Keon Clark? Mike Doleac? Jerryl Sasser? Fran Vazquez? 

JJ Reddick (#11), Jonathan Isaac (#6), Mo Bamba (#6), and (sort of) Jameer Nelson (I know we didn't draft him, but he was #20 and we bought his rights immediately, so I'm counting it). Yes, we have had (more than?) our share of misses too, but we've never picked a Kwame Brown, Anthony Bennett, Hasheem Thabeet, Michael Olowokandi, or Darko Milicic in the top three either.

I'm not buying it, Both JJ and Mike Miller never did squat for the Magic. They had good careers on other teams. I think our draft history is pretty poor.

You know my biggest fear with the Doncic draft was we were going to win the lotto and pick Ayton. Not because i knew Luka was going to be this good. No, we have a history of picking great centers with Number 1 picks. That year i was sure Luka,Trea and Jaren Jackson were better then Ayton. I figured management would cave into pressure and take Ayton. Guess we will never know who they really wanted although all rumors point to Trea.

Edit. Looking back that draft is going to be an all time good one. 

Already i can spot 1 superstar and 3 all-stars from the top 15 along with several high level rotation players. I'm not even counting Bamba yet.
Double Edit: WOW!! I forgot that Devonte Grahm, Mitchell Robinson and Michael Porter Jr went in this draft too!

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm not buying it, Both JJ and Mike Miller never did squat for the Magic. They had good careers on other teams. I think our draft history is pretty poor.

You know my biggest fear with the Doncic draft was we were going to win the lotto and pick Ayton. Not because i knew Luka was going to be this good. No, we have a history of picking great centers with Number 1 picks. That year i was sure Luka,Trea and Jaren Jackson were better then Ayton. I figured management would cave into pressure and take Ayton. Guess we will never know who they really wanted although all rumors point to Trea.

Edit. Looking back that draft is going to be an all time good one. 

Already i can spot 1 superstar and 3 all-stars from the top 15 along with several high level rotation players. I'm not even counting Bamba yet.

We wanted Luka. All rumors pointed to Luka. 

Considering that we re signed Vucevic i wish we had picked Michael Porter, too bad he was such an injury risk. Considering what we did with Chuma, maybe we should have.

We played better without Bamba last year.I hope Bamba becomes something special. 

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Considering that we re signed Vucevic i wish we had picked Michael Porter, too bad he was such an injury risk. Considering what we did with Chuma, maybe we should have.

We played better without Bamba last year.I hope Bamba becomes something special. 

The problem with Porter was only 50% getting back on the court. The other 50% is reinjury. Fusions and high impact careers don't mesh very well. He's already had a fusion that didn't take and a mysterious second state of the art surgery to resolve that. He's never going to be past this. It's always going to remain on the horizon for him. The hope for his sake is the reinjury happens after his prime and not tomorrow or next year. 

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Chuma and MPJ are not even remotely analogous injury-wise.  Your last couple of posts seem to indicate you have a needlessly pessimistic understanding of our draft history. 

25 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We wanted Luka. All rumors pointed to Luka. 

Thought I read it was Trae? 

Oh well. That was the past. All we can do is focus on now. WeHam needs not to sit on their laurels. 

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Chuma and MPJ are not even remotely analogous injury-wise.  Your last couple of posts seem to indicate you have a needlessly pessimistic understanding of our draft history. 

Yeah, it sucks.

So what is the boards final thoughts on DeRozan? Terrible move no matter what? OK move if they take back Aminu's contract? Decent move if we gain a pick? LOSE A PICK?

Decent move if it free's up money the year we have to pay Futlz and Isaac? Just getting some last minute thoughts because if it's going to happen it will be soon.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

So what is the boards final thoughts on DeRozan? Terrible move no matter what? OK move if they take back Aminu's contract? Decent move if we gain a pick? LOSE A PICK?

Decent move if it free's up money the year we have to pay Futlz and Isaac? Just getting some last minute thoughts because if it's going to happen it will be soon.

He can’t shoot threes and his a defensive liability. I’d rather stick with Evan than trade for Demar. He’s a heck of a scorer from the interior and I’m not sure he isn’t a good 6 man somewhere. Unfortunately he isn’t paid like one. 

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Think he stunts Fultz’s growth.