Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just hope we don't trade our first for Jae Crowder or something similar to that

First of all i still think draft picks are somewhat over rated. I was all in on using our pick to get better this year. However, if we use our pick for a win now player and we still are a lottery team, it's a bad thing. Luckily we get a month to see how things play out.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

First of all i still think draft picks are somewhat over rated. I was all in on using our pick to get better this year. However, if we use our pick for a win now player and we still are a lottery team, it's a bad thing. Luckily we get a month to see how things play out.

It's more about spending a draft pick on a guy for 40ish games. You aren't going to get enough value back out of that. 

So we couldn't trade Vuc when he was making 12 million but now that he's making 28 million all those teams might want him?

I could maybe see 5 to 6 teams that would want him until they start looking at the contract. Plus i really don't see management wanting to move him.Teams like  Portland and Boston could use him but they have bigs who are cheaper and easier to trade. Portland has two big men returning from injury.They are losing because they lost or let go of all their wings and it's exposing just how bad Dame and Cj are on defense.Boston could be interested in Vuc but only if they thought they were going to lose Hayward for nothing.  

In order to trade Vuc it would have to be a team like Sacramento who have no idea what they are doing but need to shake things up.

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's more about spending a draft pick on a guy for 40ish games. You aren't going to get enough value back out of that. 

I mean yes now i agree with you since it looks like our season just lowered it's ceiling. Before i had no problem giving up a mid round pick for a win now player, who might re sign in the off season.

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I mean yes now i agree with you since it looks like our season just lowered it's ceiling. Before i had no problem giving up a mid round pick for a win now player, who might re sign in the off season.

We wouldn't resign Crowder though.

I'm cool giving up our pick for a win now player that we can keep through the end of next season. I'm cool giving up our pick for a win now player that we can plug in long term. I'm not cool giving up our pick for a single season rental. 

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Who's that? Where are you guys getting these names from? A month ago, Soul Bro said we should trade for somebody name Frank.  :)

Bruno Caboclo is a 24 year old Brazilian forward who Weltman helped draft to Toronto in the 2014 draft. Needed a ton of development and Toronto had to cut him loose in year 4. Bounced around a bit after that and ended up in Memphis last year where he started showing some signs of life with a couple 20+point games. He's not playing much this year. 

He's very much a dollar store version of Isaac. Tall. Long. Athletic. Plays both forward spots and can probably give you some small ball center minutes. 

Showed he can shoot but doesn't consistently. Showed he can score but doesn't consistently. Showed he can play big minutes in some games but others looks bad. Showed he can be a high level defender sometimes but it's lost other times. 

But we're looking for guys on minimum contracts so we can flip a second rounder for them without sending back a player. He'd be a pretty good option and he still has enough upside that maybe if we use him right he'll have an impact like MCW did for us. 

14 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He got switched onto embiid the other day and embiid didn't know what to do so he bricked a 20 footer

That was hilarious. Maybe that is the trick- just stick the small guy on the big guy and they will just get so confused that they will do something dumb.

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

True, nice! I didn’t know Dipo and Fultz went to the same high school.

Yes. Read the article that includes Fultz. Click on the Link below the picture.

Also add to the list of former DeMatha basketball players:
  • Jerian Grant
  • Jerami Grant

"Four future NBA players were on DeMatha’s 2009-10 basketball roster: Victor Oladipo (Indiana Pacers), Quinn Cook (Golden State Warriors), Jerami Grant (Oklahoma City Thunder) and Jerian Grant (Chicago Bulls). (Courtesy Derrick Banks)"

Note: I don't know where Jerian and Jerami are in the picture below

"Three DeMatha teammates are in NBA playoffs, a point of pride for A DOMINANT TEAM"

edtw3g.png

8 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Hey True aren’t you supposed to go to your vacation home in the summer?  I confused. 

I come up every 3 months (3 times a year) and stay a month each visit. I'm retired, Fan, and need a change of scenery. Of course, as you may know, with the winter and snow I have to be here to make sure things are okay. No one lives in my vacation home while I'm in Florida. I don't trust renting. A neighbor checks on the house while I'm in Florida.

• Upvote 1