Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just hope we don't trade our first for Jae Crowder or something similar to that

Surely that wouldn't come as "continuing on with the plan" as you previously mentioned. I can't say I know Crowder's deal but god outside of a philosophy fit, how much career has he even got left in him?!?!

Just now, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Surely that wouldn't come as "continuing on with the plan" as you previously mentioned. I can't say I know Crowder's deal but god outside of a philosophy fit, how much career has he even got left in him?!?!

He's expiring so he'd likely be a short term filler. 

Basically we definitely need to trade for a 4 as Gordon is literally the only 4 we have on the roster right now and he has achilles soreness. 

But we can't make a big move for a 4 because that doesn't make sense with our long term outlook and is a waste. 

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Basically we definitely need to trade for a 4 as Gordon is literally the only 4 we have on the roster right now and he has achilles soreness. 

But we can't make a big move for a 4 because that doesn't make sense with our long term outlook and is a waste. 

So what you’re saying is DJ will be playing some at the 4.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So what you’re saying is DJ will be playing some at the 4.

He got switched onto embiid the other day and embiid didn't know what to do so he bricked a 20 footer

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Would Phoenix want a Vooch for Ayton package? Would we? Just trying to consider options. And, yes, I think either LA team would love Vooch. 

I have no idea. Maybe. 

Teams that would want Vucevic in a vacuum:

Boston

Brooklyn

Charlotte

Washington

The Knicks but only because they're illogical

Lakers

Clippers

Spurs

Probably Portland

Probably Phoenix

Sacramento

Golden State. 

What we could get for him is another story that is either nothing or a bunch of stuff depending on who you ask

The news could’ve been a lot worse. The lack of damage to his ligaments is huge. 

On the flip side, maybe the “he’s walking on it fine, might not miss any time at all” media spin should’ve been thought through a little bit more. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. You don't change everything because one player is out for two months. Whatever the long term plan was should remain the long term plan. 

Edit: though I'm saying that assuming the initial plan wasn't "trade for a guy like DeRozan so that we can win 4 more games at the expense of long term growth". 

That was kind of my point. If our plan was keep Fournier for the remainder of the year and add a complementary piece for the playoff push we should abandon that. I think that's where we were headed. 

At this point I'd be looking to move Fournier or Aminu or whatever to shed salary or grab a young guy.

If Isaac isnt back until April I just don't see how this team stays above water.