Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will do it in a heartbeat but we need to sweet the deal in order for the Spur to even consider that possibility.  It will be something like DeRozan and Mills for Fournier, DJ, Mozgov and our first rounder.  That will be more ideal trade scenario for San Antonio.  

I will still do it. 

Mills, Fultz,Briscoe

DeRozan, Ross

Isaac,Iwundu,Frazier

AG, (2nd rounder/Jontay Porter)

Bamba, (Birch, Oquinn or other FA)

I'm not sure they view Mills as a negative

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure they view Mills as a negative

I dont think so either but the salary might be something they will want to get rid off. Switching Mills for DJ it might be a positive for them. Salary wise as well as talent wise. 

5 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Wanted to get some feedback on an idea i read on Orlando Pinstriped.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4caujka

This is a trade that works involving the Spurs. It's a trade that i only make if we lose Vucevic  but keep Ross on a good deal.

Basically the trade is DeRozan and Poeltl for Fournier and Mozgov. We would have to throw in our pick this year.

Pro's: Even better defense, some scoring to replace points lost with Vooch, someone to attack the rim and get to the line. Young Center.

Con's: Absolutley no outside shot from either player.

Why the Spurs do it. I can easily see the Spurs doing a soft rebuild and thinking Fournier is a better fit with them.

Also if he has a good year with the Spurs i can see him opting out of his player option and maybe resigning with them on a longer team friendly contract.

We make the trade to fully embrace our defensive identity and get rid of some dead weight. The shooting looks like a problem but we see guys take a leap every year in shooting percentage. I would just hope our players make a leap in that area.

What do you think?

I wouldn’t do that trade, as we already have a spacing/shooting problem. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I wouldn’t do that trade, as we already have a spacing/shooting problem. 

How do we have a spacing problem? Once Isaac and iwundu started hitting threes we were good. Finished 12th on the season in three point percentage. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How do we have a spacing problem? Once Isaac and iwundu started hitting threes we were good. Finished 12th on the season in three point percentage. 

Our three point shooting was very streaky. Given the nature of today’s NBA, I don’t think adding an older and very highly paid non-shooting “shooting” guard makes much sense. 

• Like 1

We need one of our guys to level up before we start trading I think. I mean if you can can get rid of salary baggage that’s a different story. I mean you have to package an asset with salary though. 

18 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

We need one of our guys to level up before we start trading I think. I mean if you can can get rid of salary baggage that’s a different story. I mean you have to package an asset with salary though. 

Yeah, that’s why I’m all for attaching 16 with Evan and getting out of that deal. His contract alone is making us 2 years away from being a player in FA instead of 1. The Mozgov albatross at least expires after next season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Our three point shooting was very streaky. Given the nature of today’s NBA, I don’t think adding an older and very highly paid non-shooting “shooting” guard makes much sense. 

Demar is a good 2 way player. He doesnt excel as a great 3 point shooter but he can score. His career FG percentage is 48% and he is not that old at only 29. Shooting guards not necessarily need to be great 3 point shooters. One of the best SG in the game(Wade) was a career 28% in 3 point shots. In fact, DeRozan and Wade have very similar career stats. I rather have a guy like him than continue going with Fournier as our starting SG. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m a no to the hypothetical DeRozan trade. Think he’d take too many touches and shots away from BIG MF.

He is not going to affect the flow on offense. He shot 17 fg's per game. Just 4 more per game than Fournier and 5 more per game than Ross while carrying a better FG percentage than both.  He also recorded more assits and rebounds than both of them. In fact, He had more assits per game than Ross and Fournier Combined. 

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Demar is a good 2 way player. He doesnt excel as a great 3 point shooter but he can score. His career FG percentage is 48% and he is not that old at only 29. Shooting guards not necessarily need to be great 3 point shooters. One of the best SG in the game(Wade) was a career 28% in 3 point shots. In fact, DeRozan and Wade have very similar career stats. I rather have a guy like him than continue going with Fournier as our starting SG. 

He is not going to affect the flow on offense. He shot 17 fg's per game. Just 4 more per game than Fournier and 5 more per game than Ross while carrying a better FG percentage than both.  He also recorded more assits and rebounds than both of them. In fact, He had more assits per game than Ross and Fournier Combined. 

Ross and Fournier were both significantly more efficient scorers though. 

30 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I get where you’re coming from, but at this point in his career, we know exactly who Demar is as a ball player, and who he is doesn’t help the long term make up of our team.