Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Warriors - Thursday, Feb. 28th at 7:00 P.M.

TMF the only reason why the Heat won last night is because D-Wade hit that lucky shot. Unfortunately it will come back to bite the Magic because the Warriors are gonna come out hungry wanting this win. To me it would be a victory for the Magic if they can keep the final margin of defeat under 15 points. Klay is gonna be hitting triples in bunches. Steph and KD will have good nights as well. And then you have Boogie...and Draymond..and..well you get the picture. Lol. Magic have no chance to win. None.

• Downvote 3

And now a very serious question. If, and I am only saying IF, the Magic should not make the playoffs this time around would you all consider this season to be a failure or a success ? I mean they have already won 28 games and certainly should win at least 36 with their remaining schedule. Even if they fail to make it to the playoffs shouldn't 36 wins be considered a positive step in the right direction ? 

Yes a 35+ win season would have to be considered a success, although these losses to bottom dwellers over the last week, which are likely to keep us out of the playoff mix, are certainly very disappointing. Lets hope this is all just part of the learning curve and showing us what is right with this team (Isaac) and what isn't (Fournier, Grant) moving forward

• Upvote 1

If we don’t win enough to make the playoffs then this season will be a disappointment because of all the big leads we lost and the poor teams we lost to. On a positive note maybe it will motivate our players even more next year and our front office to actually address our weaknesses. Haha if only. 

Has there been any update on any Warriors sitting tonight?  Wade's shot really screwed us b/c I feel had the Dubs won they might have sat some guys.

2 hours ago, magicblue said:

Yes a 35+ win season would have to be considered a success, although these losses to bottom dwellers over the last week, which are likely to keep us out of the playoff mix, are certainly very disappointing. Lets hope this is all just part of the learning curve and showing us what is right with this team (Isaac) and what isn't (Fournier, Grant) moving forward

It'd be a C- season. 

Last year we were screwed by outlier level injuries. 

This year we're being blessed by outlier level health from our top 6 guys. 

If we can't take advantage of that by making the playoffs, especially considering the situation we find ourselves in I wouldn't be very optimistic about next year unless Fultz shows out. 

5 hours ago, magicblue said:

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It'd be a C- season. 

Last year we were screwed by outlier level injuries. 

This year we're being blessed by outlier level health from our top 6 guys. 

If we can't take advantage of that by making the playoffs, especially considering the situation we find ourselves in I wouldn't be very optimistic about next year unless Fultz shows out. 

Agree with both posts.

As disappointed as I’d be if we don’t make the playoffs this season, especially when you consider some of the ways we’ve lost as MagicBlue alludes to, I’m a bit more optimistic about next season because I think the front office fixes a couple of things over the summer.  That should make us at least a solid shot for the playoffs next season.  

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Cousins was out last night when the Warriors were defeated by the Heat. Cousins will play tonight against the Magic.

Cousins has done okay since his return from injury; however with weight and size, he is a force to be reckoned with under the basket. Other teams have triple teamed him (with some success). The Magic are going to have to bring their 'A' game.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Cousins was out last night when the Warriors were defeated by the Heat. Cousins will play tonight against the Magic.

Cousins has done okay since his return from injury; however with weight and size, he is a force to be reckoned with under the basket. Other teams have triple teamed him (with some success). The Magic are going to have to bring their 'A' game.

Meh, Cousins getting a bunch of post ups and trying to dominate that way would be preferable to Steph & Klay shooting 3s.

Speaking of Klay, and I know this is impossible, but can you imagine replacing Fournier with him in some alternate universe?  The team would start looking pretty complete.