Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Knicks - Tuesday, Feb. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Speaking of the bench what is the deal with Briscoe ? Is he close to returning ? Man I hope so.

I hope so too.  Concussion protocol being followed so he has to be medically cleared.  We need him back sooner than later.  Probably win the game tonight if he played.  

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I hope so too.  Concussion protocol being followed so he has to be medically cleared.  We need him back sooner than later.  Probably win the game tonight if he played.  

Tonight the bench looked like they drank a few shots before the game. Bumblin', stumblin', fumblin'.

50 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Probably, Grant gave us nothing but that could be said for the entire second unit.  Ross was terrible, Iwundu was terrible, Birch was trying but ineffective,  Clifford on another planet with his moves.  An inexcusable loss.

I agree 100%. I mentioned in an earlier post that changes needed to be made at around the 8 minute mark in the fourth quarter. I know that we can spread the blame around, but that 4th quarter was a head scratcher, especially watching Fournier running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, and chucking the ball (missing terribly). He's back to his bad habits. And don't let me start about Mr. Grant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree 100%. I mentioned in an earlier post that changes needed to be made at around the 8 minute mark in the fourth quarter. I know that we can spread the blame around, but that 4th quarter was a head scratcher, especially watching Fournier running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, and chucking the ball (missing terribly). He's back to his bad habits. And don't let me start about Mr. Grant.

TMF have you ever seen a bench outscored 75-7 before in the NBA ? And that's not against the Warriors bench. That was against the bench of the Knicks! I am still baffled here. Am I in an alternate universe or something ?

1 hour ago, MagicOne said:

Warriors 125 Magic 108. Durant and Steph probably sit for all or most of the 4th. Look for Thompson to have a huge night.

Yep. Even if we had won a close game tonight. If you have followed the Warriors (as I have), Vuch and Birch are going to have problems with guarding Cousins. Other teams are sending quadruple teams at cousins when he is posting up under the basket. Cousins is a big strong guy,  just like Shaq. I don't know if "stick man" Isaac is going to be able to help on Cousins. I don't want (Isaac) to get hurt. 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yep. Even if we had won a close game tonight. If you have followed the Warriors (as I have), Vuch and Birch are going to have problems with guarding cousins. Other teams are sending quadruple teams at cousins when he is posting up under the basket. Cousins is a big strong guy,  just like Shaq. I don't know if "stick man" Isaac is going to be able to help on Cousins. I don't won't (Isaac) to get hurt. 

And then it's pick your poison. If you try to play him straight up he will have a huge night. If you double up on him or more then the outside shooters will feast. This game should be over by halftime...unless of course the Warriors wanna play with them like a cat toying with a mouse before he takes care of business.

11 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Well said.  Just saw on the stats sheet Fournier played 36 minutes, the most of any player and who was the worst player tonight in my opinion.  When Clifford brought in Isaac for Gordon in the 4th quarter it should have been Isaac for Fournier.  He never sits Fournier even when he is playing terrible (which is most of this season).  I love the future of this team but do not believe Clifford is the right person to coach/lead this team.  And tonight proved that to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

TMF have you ever seen a bench outscored 75-7 before in the NBA ? And that's not against the Warriors bench. That was against the bench of the Knicks! I am still baffled here. Am I in an alternate universe or something ?

It's baffling. What did Clifford have to say in the post game interview? I hope the press put HIM on the hot seat, and I'm not talking about  what the players did not do.

This was so "Magic"....

Unfortunately this is the game that takes the wind out of our sail.  I think we end up missing the playoffs.  It's sad considering we control our own destiny with our weak schedule but fail to beat inferior teams down the stretch. I'm disappointed in our team.

10 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I love the future of this team but do not believe Clifford is the right person to coach/lead this team.  And tonight proved that to me.

I'm beginning to wonder about this (see bold) myself. This is the second time his decision making (rotations) was totally off.

• Downvote 1