Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Welcome Markelle Fultz glad to have ya

8 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

When are we having a press conference introducing markelle fultz??

Probably once the away road trip ends and we are back practicing at home

I'm a little late to the game but I had to come express my joy for having a pg to develop again! I am not concerned about how things went down in Philly for him in the least bit, as far as I'm concerned he's a rookie with all the potential in the world.  I just hope that he gets the time needed to learn the position unlike our last pg; I'm not saying that they are similar in any way, regardless of the prospect it takes 3 years minimum in this league to adjust to being a good point guard.  I'm sure he'll show flashes but expectations should be tempered as it relates to consistency and standing for the next couple years.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I'm a little late to the game but I had to come express my joy for having a pg to develop again! I am not concerned about how things went down in Philly for him in the least bit, as far as I'm concerned he's a rookie with all the potential in the world.  I just hope that he gets the time needed to learn the position unlike our last pg; I'm not saying that they are similar in any way, regardless of the prospect it takes 3 years minimum in this league to adjust to being a good point guard.  I'm sure he'll show flashes but expectations should be tempered as it relates to consistency and standing for the next couple years.

I think almost 4 years is enough time to know that Payton wasn't worth it. 

I think we'll know by February 2021 if Fultz is worth betting on long term. 

Fultz Should Be Able to Thrive in Magic's Offensive System                           

Limited pick-and-roll opportunities in Philadelphia lessened Fultz's effectiveness

fultz_760_20190209.jpg?itok=sq0Qpxxk

In Philadelphia, where Fultz mostly struggled because of injuries and a wayward jump shot the last season-and-a-half, the 76ers run mostly a motion-based offense where the first option is to pound the ball inside to 7-footer Joel Embiid. As a result, the Sixers have run the fewest pick-and-roll plays in the NBA this season (656) and the second-fewest pick-and-pop plays, according to analytical data from Second Spectrum. Last season – Fultz’s first in the NBA – the Sixers also ranked last in pick-and-rolls and second-to-last in pick-and-pops.

As a result, Fultz was rarely allowed to play to his strengths from college – operating out of pick-and-roll sets. He ran just 57 pick-and-roll plays in the 2017-18 season where he was the ball-handler and 49 pick-and-pop plays. This season, in the 19 games that he played before being diagnosed as having thoracic outlet syndrome, Fultz handled the ball in 63 pick-and-roll plays. Many of those plays were disrupted by defenders going ``under’’ on screens because of his shooting reluctance and struggles from beyond the 3-point line.

Magic coach Steve Clifford is using some of his downtime on his team’s five-night, three-city road trip to watch some of Fultz’s NBA games and analyze his play in his short time with the Sixers. ``How you fit with your teammates is a big deal, and the best players can play with anybody in any system,’’ Clifford said. ``To me, if you want to say a different city, new start, different teammates, things like that (might help Fultz). But, to be frank, the issue has been (Fultz’s) shoulder and his shooting and if you’re not a range shooter, you’re not going to be a good pick-and-roll player. With that part, we’ll see.’’

Link:  https://www.nba.com/magic/news/fultz-should-be-able-thrive-magics-offensive-system-20190209

59 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Fultz Should Be Able to Thrive in Magic's Offensive System                           

Limited pick-and-roll opportunities in Philadelphia lessened Fultz's effectiveness

fultz_760_20190209.jpg?itok=sq0Qpxxk

In Philadelphia, where Fultz mostly struggled because of injuries and a wayward jump shot the last season-and-a-half, the 76ers run mostly a motion-based offense where the first option is to pound the ball inside to 7-footer Joel Embiid. As a result, the Sixers have run the fewest pick-and-roll plays in the NBA this season (656) and the second-fewest pick-and-pop plays, according to analytical data from Second Spectrum. Last season – Fultz’s first in the NBA – the Sixers also ranked last in pick-and-rolls and second-to-last in pick-and-pops.

As a result, Fultz was rarely allowed to play to his strengths from college – operating out of pick-and-roll sets. He ran just 57 pick-and-roll plays in the 2017-18 season where he was the ball-handler and 49 pick-and-pop plays. This season, in the 19 games that he played before being diagnosed as having thoracic outlet syndrome, Fultz handled the ball in 63 pick-and-roll plays. Many of those plays were disrupted by defenders going ``under’’ on screens because of his shooting reluctance and struggles from beyond the 3-point line.

Magic coach Steve Clifford is using some of his downtime on his team’s five-night, three-city road trip to watch some of Fultz’s NBA games and analyze his play in his short time with the Sixers. ``How you fit with your teammates is a big deal, and the best players can play with anybody in any system,’’ Clifford said. ``To me, if you want to say a different city, new start, different teammates, things like that (might help Fultz). But, to be frank, the issue has been (Fultz’s) shoulder and his shooting and if you’re not a range shooter, you’re not going to be a good pick-and-roll player. With that part, we’ll see.’’  

Link:  https://www.nba.com/magic/news/fultz-should-be-able-thrive-magics-offensive-system-20190209

9th in the NBA in pick and roll plays? What the hell have I been watching? 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think almost 4 years is enough time to know that Payton wasn't worth it. 

What's 'it'? 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think we'll know by February 2021 if Fultz is worth betting on long term. 

Lol no, of course you would think that.  The only things we'll know by then is if he's a generational superstar point guard or if he's out of the league. 

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

What's 'it'? 

Lol no, of course you would think that.  The only things we'll know by then is if he's a generational superstar point guard or if he's out of the league. 

It meaning long term investment. 

No we'll definitely know if Fultz is worth betting on long term by then. If the defense translates. If his shot comes back. If he's able to finish at the rim. 

Anyone else see this video interview of Fultz just posted on the magic fb. I’m slightly worried 2m40 into the video he looks like he’s doing that twitching. Hopefully I’m wrong I’m a huge fan of Fultz, I can’t wait to see him play for Orlando.

• Downvote 1