Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We cannot give up Gordon.. Isaac or Bamba surely?

Can you think of any trade?

Phoenix may trump our offer...

All the guys who have no sources say "surely for Gordon". Their thought process is:

1. Gordon drafted by previous regime

2. Gordon signed to a good contract

3. Gordon and Isaac are both power forwards and can't play together despite currently playing together pretty well. 

Therefore weltham don't like Gordon

I love Smith. Smith isn't a Gordon, Isaac, or Bamba better than the options available this summer.

We'd have to be pretty stupid to trade long term building blocks just to get a point guard now. 

So either the deal gets done for picks and vucevic Ross Simmons Augustin not long term pieces or it doesn't get done. 

I'll be pissed if we trade Isaac Gordon Bamba for him. Because that's some **** short sighted panic filled GM's make. 

1 minute ago, Tank Vogel said:

Simmons and Top 8 protected

Honestly If all we give up is Simmons I’d make it top 2 protected. BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2011 WE WOULD DEFINITELY BE BACK IN THE *****ING PLAYOFFS!!!

Just now, ?4thewin said:

All the guys who have no sources say "surely for Gordon". Their thought process is:

1. Gordon drafted by previous regime

2. Gordon signed to a good contract

3. Gordon and Isaac are both power forwards and can't play together despite currently playing together pretty well. 

Therefore weltham don't like Gordon

I love Smith. Smith isn't a Gordon, Isaac, or Bamba better than the options available this summer.

We'd have to be pretty stupid to trade long term building blocks just to get a point guard now. 

So either the deal gets done for picks and vucevic Ross Simmons Augustin not long term pieces or it doesn't get done. 

I'll be pissed if we trade Isaac Gordon Bamba for him. Because that's some **** short sighted panic filled GM's make. 

Yeah. I could see something based around Fournier. Fournier/Grant/protected 1st for Matthews/Smith

7 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Love to read NBA Twitter idiots who are pretend to be Silicon Valley techbros thinking the Magic are in such a rush for a marginal at best young PG that that they'd give up Aaron Gordon.

Being a smaller fan base I think we have some of the most intelligent basketball minded fans based on what I read on other forums and social media. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Being a smaller fan base I think we have some of the most intelligent basketball minded fans based on what I read on other forums and social media. 

Every team has a similar number of intelligent fans. But the difference in fanbase size is almost entirely composed of guys who have limited knowledge. 

I could see us trading Bamba for him. 

I wouldn't. 

But Vuc is playing well and trading for a point guard prospect fixes the salary issue. 

It's not illogical. And it'd ultimately be a weird mistake to surround vucevic with hyper athletic guys that have to stand around on the perimeter. But it's a normal mistake for a GM to make. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I could see us trading Bamba for him. 

I wouldn't. 

But Vuc is playing well and trading for a point guard prospect fixes the salary issue. 

It's not illogical. And it'd ultimately be a weird mistake to surround vucevic with hyper athletic guys that have to stand around on the perimeter. But it's a normal mistake for a GM to make. 

Ugh... you make sense, but I hope you’re wrong

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Woj story saying they're looking to add Matthews makes me think Fournier might be involved

21 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah. I could see something based around Fournier. Fournier/Grant/protected 1st for Matthews/Smith

I think Evan playing off ball with Luka would be great