Odin

Trade Thread

Matt Harvey a pitcher for the New York Mets had TOS surgery a few years back and it took him 8 months to make a full recovery and return to pitching. He also had a rib removed from his torso in the process. He was once an All Star and since then has been traded a couple of times. Of course a pitcher puts a tremendous amount of torque on his pitching shoulder. This was the only comparison I could find thus far.

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

Does anyone here know of another NBA player who went through a similar injury that Fultz is experiencing now ? And if so I wonder how long it took them to fully recover and get back to playing successfully ?

No. It's unprecedented for someone his age as a basketball player to go through this. It's more of a baseball thing

For lack of a better way to explain this is basically carpal tunnel of the shoulder. 

We hope this is an orthopedic issue that's basically caused by him doing unconventional shooting work the summer before his rookie year and exacerbated by rehab done for a misdiagnosed injury. 

4 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Matt Harvey a pitcher for the New York Mets had TOS surgery a few years back and it took him 8 months to make a full recovery and return to pitching. He also had a rib removed from his torso in the process. He was once an All Star and since then has been traded a couple of times. Of course a pitcher puts a tremendous amount of torque on his pitching shoulder. This was the only comparison I could find thus far.

That is not really a good comparsion since Fultz was never an all star and Fultz only been traded once 

1 minute ago, MagicRocks said:

That is not really a good comparsion since Fultz was never an all star and Fultz only been traded once 

You're missing the point

My best guess is that if Fultz has surgery for this injury anytime soon he could very well be out until November sometime. Hopefully the rest and rehab will be enough and he can come back sooner. 

Just now, MagicOne said:

My best guess is that if Fultz has surgery for this injury anytime soon he could very well be out until November sometime. Hopefully the rest and rehab will be enough and he can come back sooner. 

I think if surgery was an option at this point he'd already have it.