Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I think we should be sprinting to the front of the Jrue Holiday line

If they are having a fire sale for picks to be the new worst team in the NBA, I would offer up Mozgod Simmons and a lightly protected pick for Jrue in a heart beat.

10 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

It's definitely worrisome. I'm starting to mentally prepare for this trade and I'm working on convincing myself that a lot of his problems are mental and situational. LA is a circus and I think he could benefit from a change environment, coaching, media, etc.

The positive is its not that difficult to fix ft% for guards and we have a ton of good off ball cutters that never get passed to for easy buckets. Ball gets us an extra easy 8-10 pts that we aren't getting now. 

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

Wasn't there a report that Jrue prefers to play the 2?

I think he just liked playing with rondo. No shooting guard averages 8 assists per game

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The positive is its not that difficult to fix ft% for guards and we have a ton of good off ball cutters that never get passed to for easy buckets. Ball gets us an extra easy 8-10 pts that we aren't getting now. 

Does that off-set Vuch's production and his poor shooting though? Idk. He's obviously a much better defender than Augustin as well.

Just now, magicblue said:

Does that off-set Vuch's production and his poor shooting though? Idk. He's obviously a much better defender than Augustin as well.

A complete shift in our offensive mentality and pace will offset the loss of Vuc, IMO. Transition, lobs, cuts, movement are all things that should improve.

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

My hypothesis is it does. 

The problem is I'm not sure it resolves the crunch time scoring issue which is why I have him below other guys

27 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just concerned with his wretched shooting. Augustin to the bench improves that area of our team also

Yeah. Which is why DSJ is the guy. He's 12/26 in the final minute of close games in his career. 11/18 on twos 1/8 on threes. 15/20 on fts. 

For comparison, Vuc and Fournier combined this season are 7/24 overall 0/8 on threes 12/21 on fts. 

• Upvote 2