Odin

Trade Thread

4 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

On some things sure. Drafting raw prospects and being so precious about them being an asset only half a decade from now is I’ll advised. I like Bamba actually but there is a long history of these type of players beings busts. Your’ assumption that not only will he not be a bust but will be the masthead of this franchise says a lot. It reminds me of when people here assumed MARIO was Doncic level transcendent. 

Yet you love Gordon so funny how that works. 

When did I say he will “masthead of this franchise? I said I like his upside more than AG and JI. If you think that says a lot about me that’s fine. Coming from the guy whose been on this forum for 2 months and contributed nothing to it—I could care less. 

You say you like Bamba then 2 sentences later seem to think I’m going out on a limb saying he won’t be a bust. I think that says a lot more about your thinking over mine. 

Who said he will only be an asset half a decade from now? You literally are putting words in my mouth and sounding less and less informed by the post. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Biyombo made no sense. Ibaka made no sense, they don't count. At the time our two best players were frontcourt players, Gordon and Vucevic. I have no idea what Henny was doing. We are trying to get better.

If we traded Gordon away for DSJ and cap space to Dallas i would be pretty pissed. Because that would have made no sense. If the Blazers wanted to trade us McCollum and a package for Gordon, i might have to listen. See the difference? 

It's all about changing the team up and getting a fair return. 

Exactly!!! For the right price you have to listen. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Yet your love Gordon so funny how that works. 

When did I say he will “masthead of this franchise? I said I like his upside more than AG and JI. If you think that says a lot about me that’s fine. Coming from the guy whose been on this forum for 2 months and contributed nothing to it—I could care less. 

You say you like Bamba then 2 sentences later seem to think I’m going out on a limb saying he won’t be a bust. I think that says a lot more about your thinking over mine. 

Been lurking for four or five years kiddo. And I don’t love AG. He takes ill advised shots at times and I’d absolutely take a call if someone had an offer. 

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

Been lurking for four or five years kiddo. And I don’t love AG. He takes ill advised shots at times and I’d absolutely take a call if someone had an offer. 

Maybe go back to doing just that. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Maybe go back to doing just that. 

Or not? Maybe you guys are too used to living in a fantasy of every prospect panning out. You are lucky if 1/4 hits. Look at Philly. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’d be a shame to lose someone with a +5 next to their name. 

Difference is I log on to talk Magic. I’m not a troll and I mostly come to vent frustrations. But you’re right buddy the plus/minus system means so very much to me. :(   Im so hurt that when it was in double digits I doubled down on my opinion. 

Guys we just want a better team. Many of us would prefer to start winning now instead of kicking the can down  the road a few years.

Had to edit. 

Our biggest problems, no 4th quarter go to scorer. ****ty point guard play going all the way back to Nelsons all star season.

Inconsistent SG play, Fournier and Ross are just too streaky. No true small forward. 

Want to give a shout out to DJ having his best year. However, he is too small and really plays like an undersized SG.

Now how do we fix this?

Guys we just want a better team. Many of us would prefer to start winning now instead of kicking the can down  the road a few years.

Again someone who speaks logically. Some of us are sick to death of this team moving the goalpost to build an empire of length. 

I’m fine with winning now if the team thats winning now can win it all someday. I’m not fine with ridding ourselves of a young player like Bamba or JI for a player whose almost 30 unless there are a bunch of other moves that make us contenders. 

Again, I’m not against Jrue or Conley. I’ve been a Conley fan since before the majority of you probably knew his name. I’m just not giving up Bamba. 

I want to win as well. I’m not proposing we tank. But trying to aimlessly win games to get swept in the first round just because we’re sick of losing isnt how we’re really going to turn this around. 

If you think a Jrue/Ross/Ag/JI/Vuch lineup can win the east in the next 2 years then by all means let’s go for that. I want a team that can legitimately reach those goals. I don’t need a participation trophy. We’ve lost for this long I’m not trying to take shortcuts now because we’ve seen how that works. 

6 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Difference is Inckme to talk Magic. I’m not a troll and I mostly come to vent frustrations. But you’re right buddy the plus/minus system means so very much to me. :(   Im so hurt that when it was in double digits I doubled down on my opinion. 

It hurt you enough to comment on it. But yea you totally don’t care. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It hurt you enough to comment on it. But yea you totally don’t care. 

Lol I couldn’t care less bro. But have fun with that. You are abrasive and have always been. You’ve gotten in feuds with people here on countless occasions. 

The fact that you are taking roster decisions personally again, says a lot about you. I’m sorry if you are working In FO scouting department otherwise all you are doing is armchair gm-ing  as well.