Odin

Trade Thread

I’m in the way minority apparently but I don’t want Conley or Jrue. Wouldn’t be mad if we got either for a non-major piece but they don’t mesh up with the timeline of our team. By the time someone like JI or Bamba are hitting their stride Conley would be 34 Jrue 32. 

Those guys are both short term fixes. I want a long term fix to where we aren’t having a Pg discussion 2 or 3 years from now. 

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Lin? Surprised he made the list, much less ahead of Ball and Fultz. I'd much rather roll the dice on Fultz at a discount price than settle for Lin

Yeah it shows how terrible a move I think Ball/Fultz would be. 

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Totally random but Hayward’s injury situation in Boston reminds me of Hill’s situation with us back in the day. It may cost them a championship run this year and really hurt them in the long haul. If they perform below expectations causing Kyrie to consider signing somewhere else this summer, that’d be a disaster for them. Windhorst has a new article talking about Boston’s challenges up on ESPN. Why do I bring it up? Windhorst says Boston may be led to consider trading Kyrie by the deadline, which would really shake up the market more.

Yeah but they could only trade him to a team that was planning on keeping him. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Jrue is like a year and half younger then Conley. If it takes Bamba to get Jrue then it’s a super hard pass for me. I can’t reiterate that enough. Like that type of move would end all hope for me. 

So you give up your best prospect for a guy who will be 29 next season when our team is no where near winning anything? That’s some bad thought processing. 

I’m not against Jrue but giving up Bamba makes no sense. It would be a disaster move IMO. And if that’s what it takes to obtain him then you look elsewhere. I’d rather just sign someone this summer. 

That is not a disaster, nobody on this team has proven anything, especially a rookie. I can understand thinking he is going to be good, and i believe he is, but he is a project. Maybe it's Bamba who doesn't fit our timeline. What if he isn't even decent until his 3rd year. If your all in on Bamba then you should be rooting for us to trade everyone and lose for the draft. Heck we should have traded Gordon because he is ready to win now, not 2 years from now.

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Lin? Surprised he made the list, much less ahead of Ball and Fultz. I'd much rather roll the dice on Fultz at a discount price than settle for Lin

Woah, you're telling me you wouldn't trade for a 30 year old backup point guard on an expiring contact who doesn't really help you achieve anything this year and you wouldn't resign this summer?

Just now, hootie249 said:

That is not a disaster, nobody on this team has proven anything, especially a rookie. I can understand thinking he is going to be good, and i believe he is, but he is a project. Maybe it's Bamba who doesn't fit our timeline. What if he isn't even decent until his 3rd year. If your all in on Bamba then you should be rooting for us to trade everyone and lose for the draft. Heck we should have traded Gordon because he is ready to win now, not 2 years from now.

Exactly. Aside from JI in my mind no player is safe.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Woah, you're telling me you wouldn't trade for a 30 year old backup point guard on an expiring contact who doesn't really help you achieve anything this year and you wouldn't resign this summer?

My point is Ball and Flutz would be even worse then Lin because we’d give the time to develop. Once again it’s moving the goal post. 

Ball and Fultz cannot shoot. We need someone who can shoot. Why you guys want to wager on longshots I’ll never understand. Jrue and Conley works for where we are at. 

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

So if Bamba doesn’t fit our timeline we are going to be a title contending team in the next 3 years? With what players? Vuch, Ross, Gordon and Conley or Jrue? 

Come on. 

Gordon is still 23. I’m sure he wants to win now he wanted to win as a 19 year old but he isn’t there yet either. He’s no where near his prime. And JI? You think he’s a year away? Please. Our timeline is at minimum 3 years. I could see in 2 years with some proper management (laugh) we are a 7 or 8 seed. But to actually be in contention for something other than a pat on the back saying we made the playoffs? We’re still years away. 

Thats our timeline. Our timeline isn’t now. That’s just false. 

10 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Exactly. Aside from JI in my mind no player is safe.

So JI is safe but no one else is? What has JI done that makes him untouchable but Bamba is expendable? 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

So if Bamba doesn’t fit our timeline we are going to be a title contending team in the next 3 years? With what players? Vuch, Ross, Gordon and Conley or Jrue? 

Come on. 

Gordon is still 23. I’m sure he wants to win now he wanted to win as a 19 year old but he isn’t there yet either. He’s no where near his prime. And JI? You think he’s a year away? Please. Our timeline is at minimum 3 years. I could see in 2 years with some proper management (laugh) we are a 7 or 8 seed. But to actually be in contention for something other than a pat on the back saying we made the playoffs? We’re still years away. 

Thats our timeline. Our timeline isn’t now. That’s just false. 

You guys can’t keep being content with that. Its why we are in a 2nd rebuild.