Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I’d love that trade AND the DSJ trade. I’d give Welt-Ham a standing ovation 

We'd look pretty damn savvy even if we have to give up Fournier (I just hope we use that money on a tough backup pf on a one year contract and lock up Ross).

DSJ/DJ

Ross/Walker

Isaac/Iwundu

AG/FA Power Forward(Markieef Morris anyone?)

Bamba/Pau

Plus whoever we draft with the Spurs pick and top pick of the second round

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Who is the better prospect: DSJ or Bamba? 

So Bamba has a better shot at being an elite player at his position and finding guys with his level of rim protection potential and projected shooting ability is rare. But it's easier to find a decent starting center than a decent starting point guard as you can build an offense around using a center as a screener and a dunker but your point guard is going to have the ball a ton regardless of who it is. 

But we're getting back to the point I was making a couple weeks ago. If it's going to take Bamba, Isaac, or Gordon to get DSJ we should just go after Conley or Jrue or (insert other point guard here) because it doesn't make sense to cannibalise our own young assets just to get a young point guard. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

We'd look pretty damn savvy even if we have to give up Fournier (I just hope we use that money on a tough backup pf on a one year contract and lock up Ross).

DSJ/DJ

Ross/Walker

Isaac/Iwundu

AG/FA Power Forward(Markieef Morris anyone?)

Bamba/Pau

Plus whoever we draft with the Spurs pick and top pick of the second round

We wouldn't have the minutes for Morris. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We wouldn't have the minutes for Morris. 

True he probably wont be happy accepting a reduced role. Maybe Richaun Holmes could be signed for cheap or we could draft a guy like Naz Reid or Chuma Okeke at the end of the first/early second. 

12 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Conley is playing well today, I think I am getting more convinced he would be decent for our team. Just his age and injuries that worry me the most. 

Worth it, his contract runs out same time as Mozgov and Fournier. If he helped our team develop, totally worth it.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Worth it, his contract runs out same time as Mozgov and Fournier. If he helped our team develop, totally worth it.

We would probably have to include one of those contracts (probably Fournier) to make numbers work for a trade. 

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

We would probably have to include one of those contracts (probably Fournier) to make numbers work for a trade. 

It really doesn't matter anymore. I figure the one thing they would crave would be another possible lotto pick.3 weeks ago i was excited about acquiring a pg and making a run at .500 and the playoffs.  Now, i'm starting to feel the allure of a lotto pick. I think at this point i would be upset if we gave up our pick and didn't make the playoffs.

Really bad luck in close losses, plus we waited to long to make a move. I'm really torn right now, a month ago i could not give a damn about that pick.

I think i would still do it for either Russell or DSJ. Obviously Russell is out so unless it's DSJ i say stand pat.

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Anyone pay for Espn insider? They have an article up about teams cap space this summer. Was wondering if they could check it out.

I don't have it but I know cap space math. What do you want to know?