Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ heat

Sometimes, losing games can get the best out of an athlete. It doesn’t matter what caliber of the athlete either. You never know how somebody is going to react to a loss. For the Miami Heat, their star center Hassan Whiteside didn’t want to stay and watch the rest of the game on Tuesday night against the Orlando Magic. As the Heat were down a little over ten points with close to a minute left, Whiteside took off to the locker room early.

Did his team really need him? After all, he didn’t put up much of a fight in the second half, which landed him on the bench for the fourth quarter. Regardless of what happened though, it wasn’t a good look for Whiteside to take off early. However, the situation has been justified by Whiteside’s teammate, Dwayne Wade. The answer is typical, but it makes sense. You know, When you gotta’ go, you gotta’ go.

According to Miami Heat veteran, Dwayne Wade, Whiteside had to use the bathroom. That’s why the seven-foot big man took an early exit. Strange situation, yet understandable. What doesn’t make sense about the entire situation though is the fact that Whiteside didn’t care enough to explain to his head coach why he took off.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/12/miami-heat-why-hassan-whiteside-leave-game-early/

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Damn that’s impressive! Maybe opposing teams writers will finally stop suggesting trades where we give up AG for pennies because IsAaC aNd GoRdOn CaNt PlAy ToGeThEr

25 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Damn that’s impressive! Maybe opposing teams writers will finally stop suggesting trades where we give up AG for pennies because IsAaC aNd GoRdOn CaNt PlAy ToGeThEr

Yeah I found this the other day which should be even better after last night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Bamba looked very bad last night. I’m concerned his personality is similar to EP’s, where one sulks when things don’t go well. We’ve seen it several times this year. 

He's a rookie who is still adjusting. Everyone should relax. He's 24 games into his career maybe that sulking is just passion that he is not yet allowed to release due to his lack of getting the ball and being a focal point. 24 games in!

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He's a rookie who is still adjusting. Everyone should relax. He's 24 games into his career maybe that sulking is just passion that he is not yet allowed to release due to his lack of getting the ball and being a focal point. 24 games in!

Yea people need to give it time. He’s had good and bad games. He’s probably never in his basketball life played as little minutes as he is now. He’s still adjusting to everything. 

Ayton has had numerous trash games as well and that’s playing more minutes. He looks lost at times and really good at times. 

They’re rookies. And it generally seems like it takes big’s longer to adjust to the speed of the nba especially on the defensive end. 

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea people need to give it time. He’s had good and bad games. He’s probably never in his basketball life played as little minutes as he is now. He’s still adjusting to everything. 

Ayton has had numerous trash games as well and that’s playing more minutes. He looks lost at times and really good at times. 

They’re rookies. And it generally seems like it takes big’s longer to adjust to the speed of the nba especially on the defensive end. 

I'm already bored with Bamba discussions. 

He's already checked every box I needed him to check for his rookie year. 

He's going to look like garbage some games. He's going to look great some games. He looked great against Golden State and Portland. He sucked against Phoenix and Miami. 

He's got 10 good to 14 bad splits. That's 41/59%. As long as he stays above 30/70 for the season I'm fine. 

Spoiler alert. He's probably going to suck tonight and Friday but play significantly better on Monday. 

Also one thing to keep in mind with Bamba but really every player on our team:

We score in two ways. 1. Manufacturing open catch and shoot jumpers (we're second in the league in catch and shoot attempts). 2. Doing something difficult by creating in one on one situations (vucevic post ups, Fournier drives, Gordon drives, Simmons drives).

There are no easy baskets. Gordon had 36 alley oops last year. Gordon had 46 the year before.  This year he has 3. 

Bamba only has 3.

One reason Javale McGee is having a good season is Lonzo and LeBron are getting him very easy baskets. 29 alley oops. Bunch of dump offs at the rim that are too hard to quantify right now. 

This is one of the reasons I'm high on trading for Lonzo. We're making things really difficult on offense and an elite passer fixes a lot. 

I just came to post something similar re: the point guard position. In fairness to Mo, he’s playing with the most inept offensive point guard I’ve ever seen in a Magic uni in Grant. 

That being said, rookie or not, his effort level comes and goes in games. Sure the pace of the game is faster, and sure his competency level is raw. However, dude needs to give 100% when he’s in there. He did that same thing in college.

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I just came to post something similar re: the point guard position. In fairness to Mo, he’s playing with the most inept offensive point guard I’ve ever seen in a Magic uni in Grant. 

That being said, rookie or not, his effort level comes and goes in games. Sure the pace of the game is faster, and sure his competency level is raw. However, dude needs to give 100% when he’s in there. He did that same thing in college.

It's kind of an Augustin problem too. He's sixth in the league in assist turnover ratio because he doesn't make tough passes to get guys open. I watched every assist he's made and it's almost exclusively swing passes or passes to open guys on the perimeter