Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Gamethread: Magic vs Heat - SEASON PREMIERE

Not the prettiest win but you take them however you get them.  The 2nd unit with AG was amazing. Such great effort and swarming defense T Ross was a beast if he can get his shot going he could have a nice year.  And Mo Bamba was incredible reminded me so much of Dwight's first game with the impact he had.  We got one finally! If AG can play like this consistently hell be an all star.

``I’ll say this: We’re good enough to be a playoff team. We have enough talent,’’ Clifford said with conviction. ``I know we haven’t been picked to do well, but I’ve been around long enough to know (what it takes). Now, we have to play well. We’re not going to show up and beat people. But we have enough talent where if we have a mature approach, commit to making progress and get better the way we’re capable, we can (make the playoffs). We have some young players who can emerge during the season and we have some older guys who are capable of having their best years. So, we have enough talent to make the playoffs, but I wouldn’t say any number of wins.’’

Ok. Just following up. We were down 25-14 when we went to the all defense lineup

Miami was up 36-35 when they left the game. 

We were down 73-70 when we went to the all defense lineup in the second half. We were up 97-88 when Ross went out for Fournier and 99-90 when vucevic came back in for Bamba

Bamba played from 5:34 in the third through 3:37 in the fourth

• Upvote 1

Love how four bench guys received more minutes than three starters. If it’s not clear already, Vooch better be prepared to lose that starting spot to Bamba

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. Just following up. We were down 25-14 when we went to the all defense lineup

Miami was up 36-35 when they left the game. 

We were down 73-70 when we went to the all defense lineup in the second half. We were up 97-88 when Ross went out for Fournier and 99-90 when vucevic came back in for Bamba

Bamba played from 5:34 in the third through 3:37 in the fourth

Vuc/Fournier better coming off the bench.

Jerian Grant absolutely shut down anyone he defended last night. Only gave up 2 field goals (1 to Whiteside, 1 to Richardson).

Defended Tyler Johnson 25 possessions, dragic 12 possessions. 0 points. 

• Upvote 1