The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Is there a way to sticky a post about how tanking this year is an absolutely horrible idea due to the draft lottery percentages flattening? A full year of people suggesting that is going to give me an aneurysm. You can't tank effectively anymore. Ship has sailed. Bad strategy.

And if we really did get Zion this entire board would break down into "omg I can't believe Hammond didn't draft a PG, WTFFFFFFFFFFFF" after he doesn't post 30/8/6 in his first game.   

Not me. PG or no PG. We get Zion I’m happier than flies on cow ****.

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Zion is cool but RJ would be perfect for our team

Our team? Zion is a freak and maybe one of those one generational players. You put pieces that fit with him.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Our team? Zion is a freak and maybe one of those one generational players. You put pieces that fit with him.

I think RJ is the best player from this class, regardless of fit

18 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Zion is most fun player in the class, not the best player in the class. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Zion is most fun player in the class, not the best player in the class. 

Yea. Don’t get me wrong I would love Zion. But I have some early doubts on how he’ll fit in the nba. He’s kind of a tweener. Which is fine if he can improve his shooting and dribbling. But when I watch him (1 game lol) I had some question marks related to him. 

He is however an absolute freak of nature with incredible physical traits. Also, he seems like an awesome kid who throughly loves the game of basketball. 

If we are in a position to draft any of the 3 I will not be upset. 

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea. Don’t get me wrong I would love Zion. But I have some early doubts on how he’ll fit in the nba. He’s kind of a tweener. Which is fine if he can improve his shooting and dribbling. But when I watch him (1 game lol) I had some question marks related to him. 

He is however an absolute freak of nature with incredible physical traits. Also, he seems like an awesome kid who throughly loves the game of basketball. 

If we are in a position to draft any of the 3 I will not be upset. 

Yeah. If you came back from 5 years into the future and said "NBA teams figured out how to defend Zion so his strengths aren't devastating to opponents but he's still pretty good" I wouldn't be surprised. 

But he's some weird fusion of Vince Carter and Charles Barkley or like what if Julius Peppers decided to play basketball his whole life. I have no idea what his career looks like. 

Barrett is just the next great shooting guard. You know exactly what he is. He's Wiggins without the questionable drive issues. He's Wade or Kobe or McGrady or Carter or Clyde Drexler or DeRozan or something. 

It'd be pretty shocking if he wasn't at least Bradley Beal. 

14 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Season is early.

Exactly lol.  Didn't you just speculate he is a once in a generation player one game in?

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Exactly lol.  Didn't you just speculate he is a once in a generation player one game in?

The word “maybe” kinda hints I’m not sure.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

The word “maybe” kinda hints I’m not sure.

So does the word "speculate".

Just pointing out that if you're going to speculate for the best case scenario, it seems a bit humorous to tell another poster "it's early" when they suggest (reasonably) that there are better prospects on his team.  If "it's early" for that claim, "it's early" to claim he's a generational talent.