The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I've been with my girl since June of 2012.  Magic had lost in the first round to Indy by that point of that summer.  I've had to describe for her how awesome the playoffs are in Orlando for nearly 7 years.  We'll be at games 3 & 4.  Amazing.

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I've been with my girl since June of 2012.  Magic had lost in the first round to Indy by that point of that summer.  I've had to describe for her how awesome the playoffs are in Orlando for nearly 7 years.  We'll be at games 3 & 4.  Amazing.

Yeah. My wife and I were dating for 8 months when I took her to get first magic game, the last magic home game we played. And it wasn't a real playoff game. Fans kind of quit on the team by then. It was fun but everyone was kind of like "ok, we're here, if you want to make a miraculous comeback great, but if not let's just get this season over with so we can move on". 

I thought we should have kept Mario and traded Fournier, buuuuuuut we did just make the playoffs. i dont know i'd love to see Bamba, Mario and Ross and MCW running our bench mob

After watching the Video, he looks like the game has finally slowed down for him. He isn't forcing his shot as much, and playing to his strengths instead of trying to do to much

So we're in an interesting scenario right now. 

If Detroit loses once we're guaranteed to avoid the 8th seed.

If Detroit wins out we increase the odds of getting the 6th seed but also open up the possibility of getting the 8th seed. 

I am confident no matter who we play we can advance. My mind has wandered about match ups.. as it stands i am thinking

76ers: The 76ers depth situation i like that for us...we also match well with them man for man basically.

Raptors: Raptors we match up well man for man but depth wise they are deep

Bucks: Bucks and Giannis are super strong but with the injuries i feel would could take them down.

Gonna be interesting. Lets all enjoy it and believe in the boys. I am saying it now... i think we advance..

Here's every scenario:

We win, Brooklyn wins, doesn't matter what Detroit does because they max out at 41 wins. We get the 7th seed. 

We win, Brooklyn loses we get the 6th seed. 

We lose, Brooklyn wins, Detroit wins out we get the 8th seed

We lose, Brooklyn loses, Detroit wins out we get the 6th seed. 

We lose, Detroit loses (Brooklyn doesn't matter) we get the 7th seed

So do we want Detroit to win to open up the second path to the 6th seed or do we want Detroit to lose to close off any path to the 8th seed?

We want Detroit to lose, right? Because 100% chance for 7th with the outside chance of 6th is more preferable to a better chance at 6th but the option for 8th.