The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Hmmm... It says the Clippers have one of the best defenses so far as far as opponent's FG%. Small sample size, but it should be interesting.

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure I buy this but it's something. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Ehhh. Not really a fan of a head coach making excuses like that. You should be what you are and we are 2-5. 

I also don’t like it.  This hasn’t been a winning team for 6 years.  The idea that if we held true to form we’d be 4-2-1 (what’s the 1, anyhow?  Are there ties in basketball?) strikes me as totally backwards.  Yeah, if we hit more shots when it mattered, we’d have more wins.  But we don’t, because we’re not very good.  If we forced other teams to miss more shots against us, we’d also win more games.  But we haven’t done that for years either because our defense also hasn’t been very good.  Quite honestly I don’t know what he’s talking about.  

15 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I guess Clifford is a fan of moral victories? I also don't know what he means by the tie. We haven't been in an OT game yet have we?

The more I think about it the funnier it becomes. Obviously you can never have a tie in a game. Is he referring to some scenario where both teams forfeit? lol

Just now, Ibn Battuta said:

The more I think about it the funnier it becomes. Obviously you can never have a tie in a game. Is he referring to some scenario where both teams forfeit? lol

He sounds like an idiot fan saying our record should be.... It's not, it doesn't matter what you think it should be.

34 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Don't see a point in trying to hope these guys turn it around. Jettison Vucevic and Evan for hopefully a late 1st and a young PG like Tyus Jones and just go for Top 5 pick.

Either do this or go for Kemba Wall or Butler NOW!!!  

One way or the other I don’t care. This team right now is 

UNWATCHABLE 

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Are you talking about for Wall? Because saying you would never trade Gordon away doesn’t make on this sense to me. Theres like 6 players in the nba that aren’t tradebale and it’s safe to say Gordon isn’t one of those guys. Anyone is moveable for the right return. 

I would love Beal. 

I meant Gordon for beal, as an example.

of course I would support any Gordon trade that nets us a far better player. At the moment I am willing to wait on him to go full oladipo and breakout soon. As I do with Isaac and bamba in a couple of seasons. 

25 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Fournier for Solomon Hill and NOP unprotected 2019 1st. 

Vucevic for WCS and 2019 2nd round pick. 

I'd totally do the first one

Think Sacramento says no to the second but I'd do that too