The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

For what it's worth, considering the wizards keep sucking, and if they'd do something like vucevic, Fournier, Augustin and our 2018 pick for wall and mahinmi the long term math on that deal isn't exactly horrible. 

You'd have to hope wall-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba plus the 9 million MLE would be enough to build a good top 6 but his contract wouldn't kill us until 2022 

Quit playing games with my heart. Wall has been one of my favorite players since he was in high school. He is kind of having a down year and the wizards might say eff it. 

There's got to be a lot of decision fatigue going on with our front office. There's so many directions we can pursue and it's got to be tough prioritizing them. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The problem is it kind of makes more sense for them to just keep him and let him walk. He might have more value as a championship or bust Kyrie insurance. 

They don't need anything. They have three, maybe four first rounders in this draft. They only have 4 open roster spots as things currently stand next year. Another 2019 pick isn't valuable to them. 

They have 8 guys who all should be finishing games for them. 

Their only hole is PF but that's not really a hole because it leaves then space to play brown, Hayward, and Tatum at the same time. 

They have no bad contracts to move in a Rozier deal. 

Rozier only makes a bit over 3 million so you're limited to 5.4 million as maximum returning salary to Boston. 

I just don't see a Rozier trade that exists involving the magic. 

It'd have to be something like Ben Simmons demanding a trade to Boston and we jump in as the third team. 

How the hell do they still have 4 first round picks? It’s never ending! Wtf! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

There's got to be a lot of decision fatigue going on with our front office. There's so many directions we can pursue and it's got to be tough prioritizing them. 

I mean it’s kind of their job.  They get paid well and have lots of resources at their disposal.  And so far they haven’t really made any major decisions outside of who to draft.  

This early season schedule is really throwing me off. 2 games in an 8 day span is crazy. Makes the losses seem worse and makes it tough for the team to get in a rhythm. Guess that’s what happens when they move the season up 2 weeks but leave the amount of games the same.

20 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I mean it’s kind of their job.  They get paid well and have lots of resources at their disposal.  And so far they haven’t really made any major decisions outside of who to draft.  

I guess what I'm getting at is it's difficult to choose between waiting to sign a player vs trading for a possibly worse player now vs going after a "name" but ruining all future flexibility. 

Like hypothetically if you think Rozier is great do you just give up a season to wait to sign him even if there's no guarantee you'll get him? Do you trade for a worse prospect like Russell that you'd subsequently have to resign anyway? There's got to be some present day value calculations there. If wall is available do you trade for him knowing it's locking in your roster extremely early in Isaac and bambas career? But you're getting a "star" player locked up long term. 

It's obvious that they're targeting a specific point guard next summer as evidenced by their moves so far. It's obvious that our point guards are playing worse than they expected. At what point do you abandon your long term plan to for short term gains? Or do you just try to push through it?

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I guess what I'm getting at is it's difficult to choose between waiting to sign a player vs trading for a possibly worse player now vs going after a "name" but ruining all future flexibility. 

Like hypothetically if you think Rozier is great do you just give up a season to wait to sign him even if there's no guarantee you'll get him? Do you trade for a worse prospect like Russell that you'd subsequently have to resign anyway? There's got to be some present day value calculations there. If wall is available do you trade for him knowing it's locking in your roster extremely early in Isaac and bambas career? But you're getting a "star" player locked up long term. 

It's obvious that they're targeting a specific point guard next summer as evidenced by their moves so far. It's obvious that our point guards are playing worse than they expected. At what point do you abandon your long term plan to for short term gains? Or do you just try to push through it?

Ok. I didn’t read all that into your prior post, so that clarifies things.   Here’s hoping that they make the best decisions. 

Sixers declined Furkan Korkmaz's option holy s!!!

He'd be a great all offense guy for us. Can't guard anyone but is a great scorer with elite size for a SG (his best Nba position)

Quite baffled by this decision 

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Sixers declined Furkan Korkmaz's option holy s!!!

He'd be a great all offense guy for us. Can't guard anyone but is a great scorer with elite size for a SG (his best Nba position)

Quite baffled by this decision 

Might have to do with the fact he's averaging 9 points per 36 minutes on 30/25/50 shooting 

No game again tonight.  Season has started off at a somewhat slow pace for us.  I guess it picks up a lot over the next few weeks, with several back to backs.  Would not have been bad from my standpoint if the schedule had been spread out a little more evenly.  

I’ll be at the game tomorrow night. Scored some suite tickets. About the only way I’ll go to a magic game these days is if I get tickets for free. 

24 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’ll be at the game tomorrow night. Scored some suite tickets. About the only way I’ll go to a magic game these days is if I get tickets for free. 

Nice!! went to a suite game last year for free. Move around in there and it’s sweet. You can find some empty suites in there too if you want some privacy. Me and my wife did that and it was nice like your living room and kitchen at the game lol. Snagged some snacks out of one that had a full spread and it was empty.