The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Putting all our eggs in the free agency basket isn’t wise. I hope if we did get Frank, we’d still do something in season.

Im hoping we swing a trade for dinwiddle, Deangelo Russell, fultz, or Lonzo. With kemba being the pope dream. I’ve started to shy away from Rozier as of recent...

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Im hoping we swing a trade for dinwiddle, Deangelo Russell, fultz, or Lonzo. With kemba being the pope dream. I’ve started to shy away from Rozier as of recent...

Still think Russell is bad

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Still think Russell is bad

I’d rather have dinwiddle but I think that’s who they decide to keep

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I love it man they have a plan and are sticking to it! Most of all not making any head scratching desperation moves. 

Like you I like their plan and am hoping for no desparate moves.  If it makes sense (getting Fultz but not giving up Ross) then make the deal but we have been on the wrong side of trades way too often.  Isaac starting to show how good he can be and Bamba a great fit which will help Gordon's play.  So we have or 3, 4, and 5 for the future but youth takes time to develop.  Cannot see Fournier as our future 2 but I could see Ross.as our 2.  That leaves our most glaring hole for the last few years---PG.  May have to get lucky in the draft or address it in FA   I am OK with what appears to be the master plan---continue to add to our roster and enter FA not next summer but the following summer when more money (max contract) can be at our disposal.  I am liking the future of our team.

According to ESPN’s RPI rankings, Orlando has had the league’s 7th hardest schedule to this point. Given they’re hovering around .500 and currently reside in the 8th seed, it’s hard not to be optimistic.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2018/11/29/orlando-magic-all-star-berth-nikola-vucevic/

Clifford has to be the frontrunner for COY after the first quarter of the season.

8 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2018/11/29/orlando-magic-all-star-berth-nikola-vucevic/

Clifford has to be the frontrunner for COY after the first quarter of the season.

And we have an all star and a 6th man of the year. Crazy first quarter of the season. 

So, I really don't think Grant is a point guard, but I also don't think he is a terrible player. I think the issue is more that he is not playing in a role that best uses his talents. Just watching him, it seems like most of his assists, for example, are just keeping the ball moving type of assists and he seems to struggle to get into the paint or get his own shot off. I think he would be better served playing as an SG, or at least in a Pat Beverley/Bradley/Point guard with Lebron capacity, where there is at least one other player on the floor who can run the offense. Same with Ntilikina. The issue right now is he is usually not being run with anyone else who can do "point" type stuff. Generally, at best, the guys playing with him can initiate something for themselves, like Simmons going to the rim (though we have seen how that has been working out so far this season).

27 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

I'm just gonna say this now, I'm not a fan of Frank Ntilikina. These rumors scare me.

If we had frank we could have put him in last night to limit dame and 3 nights ago to limit klay

edit: TRY to limit

43 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why

Granted he is young but he has shown that he's struggling with the position he should be playing. I know he's a solid defender but he just seems unbelievably lost on the offensive end of the floor. I'm just unsettled at the idea of adding yet another long player who's offensive repertoire is non-existent. Could he develop into something serviceable? Of course, given the right opportunity and time table but are we in the position to take on that task? Would he play PG if we traded for him? I know Grant is an eye sore out there but do you want him playing in place of him? And not to mention our second unit is ROUGH and that's something we need to bolster up if we want to continue this playoff contention. If we can get him for next to nothing by all means snag the man. I think there are better choices to make than Frank.