The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Yeah, it definetly feels more like a typical week 1 of the season rather than the quarter mark.

I'm really happy with our teams record and I'd say it comes down to Coach Clifford and our team's health more than anything.

I am actually not as surprised by our standing as I am by some other teams standings. Almost no team is where most people thought they would be.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Chris Sheridan says we're interested in Fultz and listed the OKC pick and either Simmons or Grant and Martin as pieces we'd offer. 

I’m afraid of his yips. I’d love for the guy to get right and change the narrative. 

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

I’m afraid of his yips. I’d love for the guy to get right and change the narrative. 

I'm not. Worst case scenario he's basically ish Smith. Good athleticism, good passing, good defense, can execute a drive and kick. Kills spacing on teams without a stretch 5. We kick the tires for a couple years and move on if no improvement. The version of Fultz today is probably better than jerian Grant. 

Best case scenario he's the exact guard you'd build to play with our young guys. 

Really a no brainier to get him for non-essential assets

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not. Worst case scenario he's basically ish Smith. Good athleticism, good passing, good defense, can execute a drive and kick. Kills spacing on teams without a stretch 5. We kick the tires for a couple years and move on if no improvement. The version of Fultz today is probably better than jerian Grant. 

Best case scenario he's the exact guard you'd build to play with our young guys. 

Giving up the OKC pick and Grant or Martin is fine. I wouldn’t want to give up Simmons for a non-shooter. Or am not as open to it. Just because I think the playoffs are within reach. 

D.J. Augustin has been a pro’s pro at the point guard slot for years and is averaging 10 points and five assists on 45 percent shooting from three this season. But Orlando doesn’t have its point guard of the future. Augustin’s back-ups are Jerian Grant and Isaiah Briscoe, two young guards with varied levels of promise. The Magic could use some new talent at that position, even if it’s delayed while Fultz is with his new doctors.

A deal with Orlando, though, would likely have to include a third team because the Magic don’t have any players that would benefit the 76ers at first glance. Jonathon Simmons makes sense at first sight, but upon further review, the man is shooting 19 percent from three-point range. Orlando shouldn’t trade red-hot Terrence Ross in this deal, and the remaining players on the roster are untouchable or aren’t worth dealing. 

A three-team trade that sends Fultz to Orlando, Simmons to Sacramento, and Iman Shumpert to Philadelphia could benefit every team involved, especially if the Kings — who don’t have a pick in the 2019 NBA Draft — land one in the deal.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/26/18111528/markelle-fultz-trade-rumors-options-philadelphia-76ers

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Chris Sheridan says we're interested in Fultz and listed the OKC pick and either Simmons or Grant and Martin as pieces we'd offer. 

That report didn't quit inspire my confidence in us trading for him. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That report didn't quit inspire my confidence in us trading for him. 

It didn’t seem like a trade to us or Phoenix is likely. Implies that we wouldn’t be interested until he comes back and we see more. By then Phoenix could trade Crawford whochbwould be more useful to Philly.

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I absolutely agree.  You have to take a flyer on him.  Like you said the low side potential is not that bad but the upside potential could be great.  Besides that we have time considering Bamba and Isaac are probably 3 years away from reaching their potential!

Step 1: Vucevic is good now

Step 2: Well actually he’s always been good

Step 3: Cant believe Orlando has been misusing Vucevic for 6 years, just like all their other prospects. Trash franchise.

Edit: This is where we’re headed with the current media attention.