Russell 3 points on 1 for 7 shooting 36 possessions

Ross 10 points on 4 for 13 shooting 

Wall 5 points on 1 for 4 shooting over 31 possessions

Dinwiddie 0 points 0 for 2 shooting over 20 possessions

Last year held FVV to 11 points on 12 shots over 64 possessions

Dinwiddie 9 points on 11 shots over 62 possessions

Rozier 4 points on 4 shots in 49 possessions

Lillard 7 points on 7 shots over 27 possessions

That's not useless. It's just not something that makes sense to have in the game at all times. Great against Phoenix, let him take Booker out of the game and watch their offense collapse. Doesn't matter if Frank can't score or run an offense. But that doesn't really help you against Miami or Denver or Utah or San Antonio or Detroit. 

Let me rephrase. On a team still trying to find itself he serves less of a purpose than your typical developmental piece. He is the kind of guy a contender signs to bolster their bench. He won't play here and if he does he takes playing time away from I guys I rather get that time.

At this time I don't see the fit. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

He held Tatum to 11 points on 33% shooting

That's not useless. It's just not something that makes sense to have in the game at all times. Great against Phoenix, let him take Booker out of the game and watch their offense collapse. Doesn't matter if Frank can't score or run an offense. But that doesn't really help you against Miami or Denver or Utah or San Antonio or Detroit. 

Ok but in the meanwhile the elephant in the room (lack of offensive talent/pg) keeps getting fed. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

He held Tatum to 11 points on 33% shooting

Ok but in the meanwhile the elephant in the room (lack of offensive talent/pg) keeps getting fed. 

13 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Let me rephrase. On a team still trying to find itself he serves less of a purpose than your typical developmental piece. He is the kind of guy a contender signs to bolster their bench. He won't play here and if he does he takes playing time away from I guys I rather get that time.

At this time I don't see the fit. 

I think you're looking at this as "what can he do for us today" instead of "what can he do for us eventually". 

It's like saying "why is Frazier on our bench if he can't help us and shouldn't get playing time over iwundu, Simmons, Ross, and Fournier?". 

It's not a "mission accomplished we have our young point guard" move. It's a "buy low on a guy who fits and has one elite skill" move. This wouldn't really change anything in terms of our desire to find a starting point guard or decent backup for this season. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

A move like this wouldn't preclude us from continuing to work on improving that. We wouldn't not look for a starting point guard next summer. We wouldn't stop looking for a better backup for this season. You don't give up anything of real consequence for him. He's a developmental piece like Frazier or briscoe. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you're looking at this as "what can he do for us today" instead of "what can he do for us eventually". 

It's like saying "why is Frazier on our bench if he can't help us and shouldn't get playing time over iwundu, Simmons, Ross, and Fournier?". 

It's not a "mission accomplished we have our young point guard" move. It's a "buy low on a guy who fits and has one elite skill" move. This wouldn't really change anything in terms of our desire to find a starting point guard or decent backup for this season. 

THIS!

34 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

WeHam loves length man I tell ya.

I love it man they have a plan and are sticking to it! Most of all not making any head scratching desperation moves. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You're probably right. I've just been so focused on this season and what can be done to improve us now in conjunction with the future that I can't focus on the small moves that help 2-3 years from now. 

Really want to do something for this year. The AG injury kind of spotlights how thin we are. Would like to fix that ASAP. Imagine if DJ misses significant time? Our season would be over. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

A move like this wouldn't preclude us from continuing to work on improving that. We wouldn't not look for a starting point guard next summer. We wouldn't stop looking for a better backup for this season. You don't give up anything of real consequence for him. He's a developmental piece like Frazier or briscoe. 

Putting all our eggs in the free agency basket isn’t wise. I hope if we did get Frank, we’d still do something in season.

15 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I love it man they have a plan and are sticking to it! Most of all not making any head scratching desperation moves. 

Sure but talent isn’t a bad thing to include in that plan.

15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Zach Lowe suggested Ross and a second for Fultz. I'm hurt but I'm starting to come around to it

I will take that in a heartbeat. Ross likely will be offered more than we can afford. We might just loose him for nothing. 

Lets be proactive. 

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Putting all our eggs in the free agency basket isn’t wise. I hope if we did get Frank, we’d still do something in season.

Im hoping we swing a trade for dinwiddle, Deangelo Russell, fultz, or Lonzo. With kemba being the pope dream. I’ve started to shy away from Rozier as of recent...