The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Wall would actually be pretty perfect here guys apart from the end contract year. But and it's a big BUT...if we are fighting for the championship by then and ownership is willing to pay tax as they ALWAYS have been I'm all for it. Dare to be great I guess..

Vuch looks way more comfortable shooting the 3 this season, which I think has really opened up the floor for everyone else.

Edit: I was looking at his stats and was surprised to see that he is attempting about an extra shot per game this season compared to last, but is attempting 1 fewer 3 per game. I think that helps illustrate what we can see with our eyes, that he isn't being lazy and settling for long jumpers on offense like he has in the past.

He is also shooting career highs from every distance but the mid-range 2 (10-16 feet). I don't think that his level of efficiency is likely to remain as high as it has, but I think he should continue to be more efficient than he has been in the past if he continues to play the same way.

29 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What do you think it would cost?

What would you pay?

I'm not sure Beal makes a difference here. Statistically he isn't much better than Fournier especially when considering their contracts.   

That's ultimately the problem. Beal is an obvious upgrade to Fournier and that tier of wing. 

Beal is below the Jimmy Butler, Thompson, Paul George tier of wing. 

So he's kind of in the middle. Where he's not super special like Kyrie or harden or Durant but he's priced like a star. 

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Wall would actually be pretty perfect here guys apart from the end contract year. But and it's a big BUT...if we are fighting for the championship by then and ownership is willing to pay tax as they ALWAYS have been I'm all for it. Dare to be great I guess..

Would he be perfect here? He's an extremely ball dominant player. Is that a good thing with the players we have?

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Would he be perfect here? He's an extremely ball dominant player. Is that a good thing with the players we have?

I really do think he would make us better. He's a top 8 PG..His defence is excellent. Passing is top notch. He can shoot it. Drive and kick machine. I get the concern though. Depending what we'd give up I'd love Wall. You don't want him then? Who would you want?

10 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm not sure I would want Wall even if they gave him to us for nothing.

For nothing? A top 8 PG. Lol

Wall when he is dialed in is near impossible to stop