The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Every lineup Simmons plays in is complete garbage except for the confounding Grant-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-Bamba lineup that has been positive or neutral in 7 of 9 games

If you somehow only played Grant and Simmons exclusively in that lineup we might win 60 games lol

They are a double negative which results in positive. Lol

iwundu should be getting real minutes in the starting role and actually get back into the game earlier. I don’t know his numbers but his energy is contagious. 

Jerian Grant is actually worse than Zach Lowe knows. His advanced stats are inflated by my favorite lineup. 

When Grant isn't sharing the court with Gordon he's got a 75 offensive rating. 

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Jerian Grant is actually worse than Zach Lowe knows. His advanced stats are inflated by my favorite lineup. 

That’s remarkable 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

How is it he is having is worst season of his career with us? Wasn't he supposed to be some diamond in the rough that just need consistent minutes?

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

How is it he is having is worst season of his career with us? Wasn't he supposed to be some diamond in the rough that just need consistent minutes?

No. Other then the certain posters on here who hype up everyone, everybody basically knew what he was. 

I said he was a marginally better Shelvin Mack. 

He's a better defender than Mack but he's worse at everything else. 

He'll probably drop 17 tonight because we're talking about him though.

But really consider how bad Grant is and how bad Simmons has played and how inconsistent Bamba has played but how consistently good the Grant-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-Bamba lineup is. 

It's a testament to what happens when players fit together and proof of concept of our overall philosophy. If we play 5 good defensive players together that all have to be defended on offense we can win basketball games. Imagine what we'd look like if we replaced Simmons and Grant with competent versions of themselves. 

Does anyone think we can be playoffs bound this season?

Some times it looks like gordon is finally there, bamba's defense and vuc's offense can be great and founier is a streaky shooter with horrible defense. 

Other times we are completely manhandled, and we already lost many games we could not afford to.

I don't know if to look at this season as just development for young guys and waiting for a higher draft pick, or if we do have a serious chance at the 8th seed, especially considering how weak the east is after mil, tor, phi and bos

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Those Grant numbers are awful. How has Briscoe not gotten a chance yet. C’mon Cliff

Briscoe had real minutes in a briscoe-Ross-Fournier-Gordon-vucevic lineup and a briscoe-Ross-iwundu-Gordon-Bamba lineup and looked like he didn't belong on the court at all. 

You have to hope Simmons can break of his slump. Even when/if Isaac comes back t's not like Iwundu is shooting well and Frazier was really rough this summer. 

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

Does anyone think we can be playoffs bound this season?

Some times it looks like gordon is finally there, bamba's defense and vuc's offense can be great and founier is a streaky shooter with horrible defense. 

Other times we are completely manhandled, and we already lost many games we could not afford to.

I don't know if to look at this season as just development for young guys and waiting for a higher draft pick, or if we do have a serious chance at the 8th seed, especially considering how weak the east is after mil, tor, phi and bos

We're pretty much right where we want to be from a record standpoint. We don't have a loss we couldn't afford. The problem is more what the actual losses look like. 

We won't make the playoffs unless we make a move. Doesn't have to be a dramatic move. We're just missing one more Ross type player and a competent point guard. We can't survive an Augustin injury.