Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It would be good enough against any other team. Especially with Chris Paul. 

Yeah probably, but not if they miss 28 or so 3s in a row because the players can't handle the pressure of a game 7 conference final. 

29 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Yeah probably, but not if they miss 28 or so 3s in a row because the players can't handle the pressure of a game 7 conference final. 

Ariza was a shell of his former self on offense, and Curry, Klay and KD decided to activate god mode. They hit some unbelievable shots

22 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Ariza was a shell of his former self on offense, and Curry, Klay and KD decided to activate god mode. They hit some unbelievable shots

Yep, that Durant 3 over Harden at the end of the shot clock and also the long turn around 2 over Tucker were amazing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm referring to the comments made by guys on the message boards that I read. Did your wife post her concerns on this message board? 

yea, I am her avatar

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

I slept at half time.  What in the world?  I thought the Rockets had it in the bag, they were so dominant in the first half AND at home.  Missing 28 3's in a row and they were allowed to keep missing?  Should have driven in and given to Capella like they did in the first half.  Sounds like they panicked.  As constructed, they are a good team. 

But GS is better.   

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

I slept at half time.  What in the world?  I thought the Rockets had it in the bag, they were so dominant in the first half AND at home.  Missing 28 3's in a row and they were allowed to keep missing?  Should have driven in and given to Capella like they did in the first half.  Sounds like they panicked.  As constructed, they are a good team. 

But GS is better.   

They led by like 11 points at half time by driving to the basket and taking good three point shots. I'd love to know the reason why they changed tactic in the third quarter to try and out shoot the Warriors. Had they continued to grind it out like they did in the first half they would have probably won that game, but by changing tactic and missing all those threes they cost themselves a finals place. You can't afford to come away with that many empty possessions against the Warriors, in fact most teams to some extent would have taken advantage of the Rockets stupidity. They only started to go back to what they did in the first half when they had fallen behind, by that point it was a lost cause.

I'm not going to suggest that game was fixed like some fans have, but the Rockets certainly did throw away victory with their stupidity. Their head coach needs to rethink his tactics and Harden needs to take a long look at himself because without Chris Paul he doesn't seem able to carry that team to the next level. In fact Gordon showed more fight in the second half than Harden, especially towards the end. 

Just going to throw this out there, but anyone think Chris Paul will walk in free agency?

13 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I wonder how many rings Curry will have when he retires 5 maybe 6

Most likely 5 but if he gets 6 rings, get ready for comparisons to Michael Jordan 

7 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Most likely 5 but if he gets 6 rings, get ready for comparisons to Michael Jordan 

What's sad is people gonna say all the help he got, and forget what he is capable of when he is the man.

16 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

He won't get Jordan comps. Curry is a completely different player than the Pinnacle players. He'll be in the same conversation as Duncan, Kobe, and magic. 

• Like 1